I'm surprised that the battles around Xara are still going on.

A simple analysis shows me that the
1. main and biggest Xara’s target group is amateur web designers. Now in each media or electronic store I can see colorful packaging of Magix Web Designer.
With a screaming slogan: “Simply create professional website” (a marketing gimmick that has nothing to do with reality). This group is most satisfied with this software.

2. The second group is the offices of small entrepreneurs or public organizations etc... Which have a need for simple print and promotional products. They buy XPLD and are most satisfied with this software too.

3. Who are Photo Designer user? I do not know. It's pure madness to buy it. Amateur products from Corel or Adobe are a hundred times better for same prise.

4. Professional segment is the Xara's old users. It is the smallest and eternally dissatisfied group. Not a single "young" professional in sane will buy "oldtimer" XDP now. I do not know the design schools where learned Xara. Where are hundreds of tutorials(Tuts+ or same)? And I do not see any reason for a beginner to buy it. By the way CD and AI are not much more expensive.

Fazit: XDP is absolutely dependent on the first three groups. Therefore, XDP has a small development potential. I do not expect a breakthrough in the near future. The past two years convince this statement.