Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Expiration of Designer Pro

I've just received notification that in a few days I will no longer receive updates for the software, DesignerPro three hundred and whatever.. Okay, I know that what I've got will continue to work just as it currently does but I've no intention of paying £140 without any indication of what future benefits I may, or may not, get in the form of updates in the next twelve months. I can't remember a single update that has exactly thrilled me over the last year and certainly no drawing updates, which is my main area of interest. Is everyone else but me updating or waiting?

Default Re: Expiration of Designer Pro

Looking at the design improvements over the year (marked in red on the what's new page) it adds up to quite a lot of small enhancements. The biggy for me was the contents generation. Do I trust there will be enough in the coming year? Answer is, I don't know. I may wait and see.
    Tony

maybye anyone know or saw future plans / roadmap for XD pro?

Hello Simon

Xara is always very quiet about new features. So with the exception of a few full time Xara employees who answer technical questions here, none of the members or volunteer moderators know any more than you do.

thnx for reply
    its strange in present days, but ok maybye they like do suprises so much

The price I was quoted to upgrade was 99 pounds or $129, I went ahead and upgraded, especially as I use the Xara web space.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I've just received notification that in a few days I will no longer receive updates for the software, DesignerPro three hundred and whatever.. Okay, I know that what I've got will continue to work just as it currently does but I've no intention of paying £140 without any indication of what future benefits I may, or may not, get in the form of updates in the next twelve months. I can't remember a single update that has exactly thrilled me over the last year and certainly no drawing updates, which is my main area of interest. Is everyone else but me updating or waiting?
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

You are paying for the new features and content that came out since you paid a year ago, i.e. to lock it all in, and you get an advance on what will come out over the next year. You will pay to lock in what comes out over the next year, if and when you pay again next year. If you don't like or use what came out over the last year, then don't renew. Just remember, if you have to reinstall, what you will have will be whatever the state was when you last paid, and you get to keep any new content that you downloaded. Also, you will no longer have access to on-line content, so you better have downloaded everything that you want. This has all been explained ad nauseum and is well-explained on the Xara site. So why is this so hard to understand?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    You are paying for the new features and content that came out since you paid a year ago, i.e. to lock it all in, and you get an advance on what will come out over the next year. You will pay to lock in what comes out over the next year, if and when you pay again next year. If you don't like or use what came out over the last year, then don't renew. Just remember, if you have to reinstall, what you will have will be whatever the state was when you last paid, and you get to keep any new content that you downloaded. Also, you will no longer have access to on-line content, so you better have downloaded everything that you want. This has all been explained ad nauseum and is well-explained on the Xara site. So why is this so hard to understand?
    +1
    Users do not seem to understand they already have next year's upgrades, which they may have been seduced to use and so are tied in already.

Bowing out now loses on-line access. Yes, download everything you can but Xara has altered the base application by removing the Find capability.
    Canny users can always resurrect Version 11 as it still can access its On-line Content Catalogue; this sadly has no Find but V11 itself has!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    +1

Canny users can always resurrect Version 11 as it still can access its On-line Content Catalogue; this sadly has no Find but V11 itself has!

Acorn
    Awesome, thanks Acorn I also discovered that the reason the online content wasn't finding results for simple terms like 'car' etc. was that PixaBay were updating their search engine.

Not sure what went wrong I replied but has not appeared, my fault as not realy concentrating at the moment.

I have kept all the old vector drawings in a seperate folder that I can do a find on and the transport section has nearly 200 items including the old red mini.
    So it is possible to extract the contents into a seperated folder.
    I am of the age where I am not sure I will be upgrading and as the other person said have done so since the first software for the Acorn computer.
    I would like to see improvments to the word processing so that it can replace Impression on the acorn computer and Ovation Pro on the PC which also came from the Acorn.
    Is there a discount for loyalty??
    Peter