Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need advice on E-commerce approach between ECWID and XT-CMS please

Hello

So i'm in the process of building a website for a client which will hold around 30-40 items for now with around 4 main categories and 3 sub categories.

The website is built using Version 365 as a super site where the transition to the next page moves horizontally. Added a parallax background which after duplicating the pages Xara uses the parallax image stretched for the whole website opposed to individual images which i'm quiet pleased with have to say.

Anyway i'm searching for a way to have the e-commerce side of the website such as navigation bars, product listings, basket etc move with the site as it transitions horizontally, so allowing only the top half to change depending on the category or page. Hope that made sense..please tell me it's possible

was also hoping to get some feedback on XT-CMS which seems to offer allot, especially for someone with little knowledge on HTML, Databases etc Trying to find out if its possible to change the colour of the add to basket buttons etc. Guessing we have to make direct changes to the CSS however not sure exactly where these files will be located to explore.
    - Some guidance on how to actually put together the product listings and link to the baskets.

Hopefully i'm not asking for too much here. I've successfully installed xt-cms and configured the settings.
    Managed to add two products which worked partially, they just appeared in random locations. The basket and log in areas appeared where they were expected to. I'm sure the meta tags for product listings wasn't right. 5 identical squares arranged in rows to form a grid where created in Xara with meta tags to use for products listing...

Some help and tips for Xt-Cms would be great..

Ecwid on the other hand is very user friendly although you get what you pay for in return. Having full CMS is not important at the moment so decided to give it a go, finally!

Amazed by how simple it is to create a store with Ecwid however its can't be fully customized without knowledge of HTML / CSS. As a result it looks out of place on the website. Otherwise can't complain.

issues i'm experience with Ecwid and not sure if it's how it works or can be taken care of. When a product or category image is centered on the screen and is clicked the whole page shifts lower so the ecwid placeholder is at the top of the screen, it brings into view the bottom half of the page with contact info etc. is the only solution around to lower the length of the page not giving it room to move around.

Apologies for the long message, wanted to cover as much.

thanks a bunch once again

Default Re: Need advice on E-commerce approach between ECWID and XT-CMS please

xtom is a Xara user. If you have specific questions about integrating his services into your Xara document I think Tom is much better suited to providing Xara-specific support.

Good idea, will get in touch

Just and update on my decision to go ahead with xt-cms.