Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem exporting documents to html in Xara 11.

Hello. I'm having a miserable time figuring out the path for saving/exporting documents so they show properly in my site, as well as appear in the Page/Layer Gallery. I've watched the vids until I'm blue in the face, but they're for Xara 7. Any help please? I seem to have some success (my website occasionally looks like I want it to) but I have no idea why. My husband died last August leaving me to figure this out with very little training. Although I built my own website in Volusion & worked on ours under FrontPage for years (condolences accepted). Any help is so appreciated. Terri

Default Re: Problem exporting documents to html in Xara 11.

So sorry for your loss Terri.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure if this is the source of confusion but let me offer this.

You design your website in Web Designer. And you name and save the document as a Web Designer document that has the file extension .web

When you publish your website to your web hosting company, Web Designer creates all the HTML documents, plus it creates a folder index_htm_files that contains all your images and other related files.

So you do not need to worry about HTML. This is done for you and there is no need to edit these documents.

You can publish directly to your web host's server via Web Designer's built in FTP module. Or you can publish to a folder on your computer and then upload those files via a third party FTP program such as Filezilla.

Does this help?