Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Missing scrollbar on embedded blog

Morning all

Todays challenge is how to make vertical scrollbar appear on Iphone.

I have embedded a 'blogger' blog using the embed a website widget and it works fine on the desktop variant and looks good on the mobile variant in preview.

However on my phone the vertical scrollbar is missing. I thought that it was a placeholder width issues so I amended the iframe code to the width of the page, but it made no difference the scrollbar showed on preview but did not show on the phone.

I found this article: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...website-Widget and tried the suggestions but no matter what I did I could not get the scrollbar to show on the phone.

Any ideas please?

Default Re: Missing scrollbar on embedded blog

from what I have read it would appear that not having scroll bars is a 'feature' of the Iphone, also don't appear to be present on Ipad either.

This really restricts the viability of using an Iframe to embed sites, if you then cant scroll around a bigger site.

Within the coding there must be a way to do it as the widget provided by Facebook does allow for scrolling within the Iframe - without a scrollbar being visible. I have tried plugging the blogger URL into the facebook Iframe code without success.

Any experts able to help?
    Last edited by nobbyy; 27 June 2017 at 04:54 PM.

Nobody any thoughts on this - it really does limit the ability to include a blog on a Xara site without navigating away from the main site.

I just Googled and this came up:-
    https://davidwalsh.name/scroll-iframes-ios
    Any help?

That looks interesting sculptex...
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Sculptex - thanks for the response.

I found that too - but I didn't have a clue on how to use it with Xara

Well, I haven't got an iPhone or iPad so I can't really try it myself. I know there are emulators but as they would be through a pc and not with the native touch, I guess that would not work to test.

If you are able to get a solution that requires changing HTML of a xara page but it requires editing (not just code that can be inserted into header or placeholder) I may have a solution to help automate that.

Have you tried contacting xara support?
    Things like this are best implemented at point of html page creation, rather than afterwards.

I've just done a quick test and whilst there's no scroll-bars on the iPhone, touch scrolls the iframe no problem. The iPad has scroll bars.
    Have you got a url I could test it on nobbyy?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sculptex - as per your suggestion I will raise a support ticket as this issue really limits the use of the embed a website widget and in the meantime if you are able to come up with a way of automate the HTML edithing that would be amazing!

Egg - that sounds great - thank you. I have sent you some URL details.