Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing .xws, .wix, .xgt from Webstyle

Is there an easy way to import these from Webstyle? Or better, could Xara make them available in the content gallery? There are some really attractive buttons and nav bars etc. in Webstyle. Not much variety in the XWD content gallery.

Default Re: Importing .xws, .wix, .xgt from Webstyle

If I remember correctly, Webstyle is deprecated and uses another, non-compatible software engine.

yjs - If you post images of some of your favorite buttons I am sure we can help you recreate them. It will be a challenge for us.

Better still, have a got at recreating them yourself. That is always the best way to learn.

Thanks, yes, I believe the Webstyle engine is an old one, just surprised that a message appears when you open it implying that its functions are covered in XWD. There's nothing in XWD for creating, for example, attractive 3d nav bars with coloured borders. I'm indeed already experimenting with importing as a jpegs, but it would be nice to import as instantly editable items.

BTW, it isn't just Webstyle elements that I'm missing: Over the years the content catalogue has dropped what were for me the best elements e.g. the post-it note (perfect for highlighting elements in sites and much nicer than the Pixabay ones) the best of its calendars (with bubbly curved dates), and several non-'square' themes have been dropped. Most can be reimported from earlier versions. Thanks Gary, good idea to put together a list of the best missing elements and then try to recreate. I'll try to do that when I am under less pressure, am also interested to know what other folks miss..