Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Cannot move imported image in Xara? HELP!!

In thrasherness's last video it clearly shows dropping the jpg file onto the Designer mainframe window, not onto a document view, and so the program creates a new Photo document. Look at the icon in the tab - it's a photo document icon.

If you find yourself working in a photo document when you don't want to, Select All, Copy, create a new print or web document and Paste.

Egg seems to have found a different problem...

Phil
    Last edited by PhilM; 26 June 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Cheers Phil, but I'm totally confused. Thrasherness appears to be importing from either of two image sharing sources (firstly gyzmo and secondly steam timeline ??) which cause the issues.

I attach a direct copy of Gary's avatar. Does this cause any similar issues on copy/paste/resize?

My head hurts!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

phil - looking at the video in thrasherness' post #20, whilst he shows it being imported into a photo document at the beginning, he then goes on to show it being imported into web document [untitled1] where is still shows this 'cropping' behaviour... unless like egg I have become totally confuse too

edit - ok, re-read thread: the 'cropping' issue is not the original problem....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have some work I really need to get done but this issue is really limiting me.

Here is another video using a random image I downloaded from Google Images after searching "Test Image"

I am now moving it from my Windows Explorer and not Chrome. I also, in the video, show me adding it to a standard A4 page and opening the image normally.

I'm getting a bit desperate now

Here is the latest video with all new files/settings

Thank you all so much for your help and support so far. Absolutely appreciate it

Edit: Exact image I used from Wikipedia: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...r_Bars.svg.png

Edit 2: A new Xara update came in 2 minutes ago. Just downloaded it and tried again but the same issue occurs. Here is my new current version with same issue

Seems to work fine here.

In your video, what are the three black icons in the program title bar? They are not a normal part of the program. Do you have a screen/desktop utility installed? If so, please try disabling it and re-testing.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Seems to work fine here.

In your video, what are the three black icons in the program title bar? They are not a normal part of the program. Do you have a screen/desktop utility installed? If so, please try disabling it and re-testing.

Phil
    Thanks for your response, Phil.

The program is called "DisplayFusion" and they are icons that do actions for me. 1. Pin to top, 2. Make window 50% transparent, 3. Send window to back (Seeing as you asked )

I exited the entire program and created a new video with some new interactions that are interesting

Thanks!

Notice that when the photo is first dropped on the page it is described as a "Photo" in the status line but at some point (it's not clear) it becomes a "clipped photo". That might be related to the problem.

Sorry, I need to be more awake to think about this! Egg likes to think in the wee small hours of the morning so maybe he can add something ;-)

Phil

I noticed that Phil - it seems that [most of the time at least] the photo is described as clipped when the boundary handles are moved from the original size- is sort of behaves like it was clipviewed under those conditions

Photos are actually bitmap fills in vector containers in xara I think? - sure looks like this has gone screwy in some way in thrasherness' program...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi is there a setting where I can reset to factory default settings? I cannot find one

Thanks

Go to Window/Control Bars and click "Reset".