Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Audio insert does not work for me..

..X365/Win10/64: I put this up yesterday, and today it expired, so I can't follow through with the original. At first I explained I couldn't find anywhere to insert audio in my WEBsite. It was explained to me to simply drag it into the app..no dice. The file works fine in an audio editing app, but I cannot get it to play in my WEBsite setup in Xara. I did drag from my desktop, then I tried importing. I click on the icon and nothing happens; it doesn't even give me a "Hand" over the arrow on the left side of the audio icon. If I select audio on start-up it will play two or three seconds then back up playing the entire sound byte which is twenty seconds or so. If you replace the icon, what you replace it with goes inside the soundbar, so that;s not very helpful. Any ideas? Thanks again.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Audio insert does not work for me..

GuG, it is still here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...und-in-WEBpage.

Is it an MP3 file?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, and it plays well in the editing app, and the Win media device. I tried several times to put comments in my last post but TG would keep saying re-load page and would never take. I didn't do a Control, shift delete to see if that would change anything; didn't think of it at the time. I'm enclosing a screen shot, and would actually like to use the Icon on the left and not the standard audio Icon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDxaraprob.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	118101

Like anything, get the basics to work, then go fancy.

Start a new design and drop just the MP3 onto the page.

What happens?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

[QUOTE=Acorn;577459]Like anything, get the basics to work, then go fancy.

I did, it did, and it's fine. Thank you Acorn. The only thing I haven't been able to do at this point is convert a standard MP3 graphic into a graphic of my choosing. However, at this point I'm a happy camper.

Info Re: Audio insert does not work for me..

GuG, here is a way to use an image to control your audio.

Play image

1. Link it: javascript:myaudio.play();
    2. Optional:
      1. Name it: filename="MusicOn"

Pause symbol or shape or image

1. Link it: javascript:myaudio.pause();
    2. Optional:
      1. Name it: filename="MusicOff"
      2. Animate it: Wobble
      3. Bleach it: Black

Box
    1. Select it
      1. Add it: press Ctrl+Shift+Alt
        1. Locate and OK the MP3
        2. Note its filename - here I have used Countdown.mp3

2. Placeholder it: HTML Code (body):
      1. <script> var myaudio = new Audio('index_htm_files/Countdown.mp3'); </script>

Result: await complaints about audio from a website. At least you have to click the image.

MusicImaged.xar

The Box can be put anywhere.
    My Wibble wobble Pause symbol sits quietly in a corner.

I would be interested in TGers advising how successful this is across their browsers.
    It is very rudimentary on purpose and is straight HTML5.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I would be interested in TGers advising how successful this is across their browsers.
    Acorn

Works perfectly in Chrome, FF, Opera, IE and Edge (on desktop, Windows 10).

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Works perfectly in Chrome, FF, Opera, IE and Edge (on desktop, Windows 10).
    Boy, thank you,
    Acorn