Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Xara and rich tables

Hi guys,

I would like to know if creating rich tables (draw a table, put objects in it, hyperlinks, rich texts etc) is possible with Xara web design software? I searched around and it seems Xara is not capable of creating rich table, and if not, does the company plan to introduce table function?

I been working with Webplus and their table function is extremely flexible and easy to use, I'd love to see that in Xara, and I am sure many do. (I plan to move to Xara since Webplus might stop working in future, as they no longer support it)

I would love also to know why so far Xara did not implement table function? which is exteremly essential, is it because they are not able to do it, due to the complexity of codes etc I dunno, is that? and that means they will never have plan to make it?

Thank you!

Default Re: Xara and rich tables

It is possible if you use the Table widget.
    In each cell, you put HTML fragments like <span style="special">Text</span> and <a href="URL">Other text</a> between the CSV commas.
    I use a separate HTML editor to achieve this.

Years back I created a native Xara table capability using stretchy objects, push down and Naming but few thought much of it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I got tables throughout the site and it's a big site and tables need to get updated from time to time. it'll be hell of work that way using codes.

It's ok, webplus still around, I'll wait another year until we become smarter and make tables possible in our web design softwares

It's the same with Adobe Muse, they don't have tables too and their users complained, that's a shame even Adobe couldn't make it possible, i hope in time it happens.

Peace!

http://archive.xaraxone.com/guest/guest82/

You can create tables using the tab feature. You can also copy and paste tables into Web Design.