Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Pro X - Embed Calendar

Okay, if you open cpanel / Files / Directory Privacy / Select a Folder (or create one earlier, say named 'calendar') Click on it and it will ask you to:
    Security Settings

When a user attempts to access the protected directory through a browser, the site will prompt them to enter a username and password. The name that you choose for the protected directory will also display.

Set this up and save.

Now using ftp software upload your page with the calendar in the iframe to this password protected folder.

Now only people who know the username and password will be able to view it.

Hope this helps.

Here's an example:

LINK

Without the username & password access isn't granted.

It may also be advisable to gain a ssl certificate for such pages as browsers are warning more & more on insecurities without these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pw-cpanel-2.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	118045  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Okay, if you open cpanel / Files / Directory Privacy / Select a Folder (or create one earlier, say named 'calendar') Click on it and it will ask you to:
    Security Settings

When a user attempts to access the protected directory through a browser, the site will prompt them to enter a username and password. The name that you choose for the protected directory will also display.

Set this up and save.

Now using ftp software upload your page with the calendar in the iframe to this password protected folder.

Now only people who know the username and password will be able to view it.

Hope this helps.

Here's an example:

LINK

Without the username & password access isn't granted.

It may also be advisable to gain a ssl certificate for such pages as browsers are warning more & more on insecurities without these.
    Egg,

Mate works perfectly. Thanks for all your help with this. It really is appreciated.

Mr T

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Egg - I was looking at this thread as I wanted to accomplish the same task. If you follow these steps, will the Google Calendar still be available for public view (via a web search) but will be password protected on your website? It seems that making the calendar public is the only way to embed it. The information on the calendar is certainly not top secret, but it would be preferable to not have it be public and be password protected at the same time. It doesn't look that both can co-exist.

I don't think so teb2500. I have had a calendar (which I don't use) but it's been public for a long time. I've done a google search for "Eggs Calendar" and it doesn't reveal my calendar (only went as far sa the page 3 search) so I'd guess it's fine to hide it behind a username and password protected folder.
    Egg