Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Avant Garde with Ligatures

In my CorelDRAW days Avant Garde and Times Roman were the two basic fonts for PC users. But the PC version lacked some of the incredible and fanciful ligatures designed by Herb Lubalin and Tom Carnase that were used in the design magazine with the same name in the 70s.

My Fonts currently has a half off special on 8 weights (4 roman and 4 italic). $189 US https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/avant-garde-gothic/

And since Designer Pro X 12 (365) supports ligatures and style sets I made the leap.

My Fonts is currently offering half off specials from several different foundries including Monotype, Linotype, ITC, Bitstream, and Ascender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avant-garde-gothic.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	118017  

Default Re: Avant Garde with Ligatures

I recall that Mike Wenz mentioned the ligatures in Impact, which I confess I was unaware of at the time.
    Avant Garde is another that has been hiding its light under a bushel (as far as I'm concerned).
    Thanks for sharing this,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	av.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	118021  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.