Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Setting guides up again for every new blank page is a pain

Artmama,

I tried that, but every new page comes up without the guides.
    If this is the case you're not opening a template page or you have the guide layers turned off.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Artmama,

If this is the case you're not opening a template page or you have the guide layers turned off.

Thanks so much, Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Artmama,

Hi there @Egg Bramhill

I just wanted to clarify, that the saving as template and then opening up a blank page as a template in a new xara blank doc wasn't the issue as such, it was creating a new blank page in a xara document to have multiple pages. However, I think what I was doing wrong was that I was opening a template, adding guides to it, then starting a new blank page and the guides were not carrying over to them.

Obviously the problem is well and truly sorted now for that particular document, which is now a kindle book and soon to be a paperback on amazon as well once approved, but this is what I would do differently next time if starting from scratch, in case someone new has found this thread.

I would do what Egg has said and save it as a template with the correct guides in place. If adding extra guides, save as a template again, hopefully early on in the piece so that you can open a new document from that particular template with those new guides. Each new blank page you add within that document will have the guides on.

What I ended up doing as I was adding the guides retrospectively, was to copy the guides from the layers and guides flyout menu (at the right edge of the page on my screen) and paste the guide onto the next page. Live and learn. It would have been much easier to do it from the start. But hopefully someone else can learn from my stuff up.

Thanks for the update Artmama.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host