Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can't open content catalogue

I've been using XWD premium 365 for a long time without problems and renewed last month. My version is registered. However, suddenly when I click to insert an element from the content catologue or to create a new web from the content catalogue, I get an error message saying "The designs gallery must be enabled to import content. You can switch it on in the 'utilities' > 'galleries' menu." But in that menu the design gallery is checked (I can't uncheck it). I've tried restarting the programme, rebooting, nothing seems to work. Grateful for any suggestions - thanks.

Default Re: Can't open content catalogue

Does Shift+F10 do anything?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Does Shift+F10 do anything?

Acorn
    Unfortunately, no...

I thought it could be connected to my internet connection but I'm able to open the content catalogue in P and G on the same machine without problems. Since my pressing need is for a sticker and text panel, I guess I will take from there and paste into my XWD web until I can work out how to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    Unfortunately, no...
    I thought it could be connected to my internet connection but I'm able to open the content catalogue in P and G on the same machine without problems. Since my pressing need is for a sticker and text panel, I guess I will take from there and paste into my XWD web until I can work out how to solve this.
    You shouldn't have to solve this; this is an Xara issue as i believe your credentials have not be re-applied correctly despite your renewal.

Raise a ticket with Xara.

As you have had a working application pre-renewal, I have not suggested running as admin but it is worth a try.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You shouldn't have to solve this; this is an Xara issue as i believe your credentials have not be re-applied correctly despite your renewal.

Raise a ticket with Xara.

As you have had a working application pre-renewal, I have not suggested running as admin but it is worth a try.

Acorn
    Thanks, tried as an admin with no luck. I've used the design gallery a lot since the renewal, and other functions requiring renewal appear to be intact... will try again in a few hours then will indeed submit a ticket.
    Last edited by yjs; 11 June 2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: for clarity

Oh dear, I thought I'd deactivate then reactivate the programme on this machine to see if that would fix the problem. I got a message saying that my programme had been deactivated, but was able to reopen it without problems and am still getting the same error message.

I'm going to try uninstalling the programme then reinstalling - can someone confirm the best way to save the history of last accessed webs (including backups). Thanks.

Have you filed a support ticket at https://support.xara.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Have you filed a support ticket at https://support.xara.com ?
    Yes, I just filed one, pointing to this thread.

Good. Thanks. Let's hope this gets resolved quickly.