Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can't access online content catalog

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-H View Post
    Sorry to reply to my own post but I think I have now got to the bottom of the issue. Thanks very much for your input which gave me the idea.

I've just tried accessing the Xara site via a VPN and it works perfectly either from a browser or from inside Xara. This must mean that it is my (dynamic) Talktalk IP address that is causing the issue. My guess is that it must have been blacklisted as Talktalk ones do seem to be periodically.

Thanks again for the help.
    UPDATE: I thought I should update this post in case anyone sees it in the future and thinks it is the solution. I have now found that my IP address is not causing the problem but it is actually caused by my Netgear D7800 router. If I use a different router then I can access the Xara content catalogue site perfectly but with my Netgear router I can only access it if I go via a VPN - very strange! Unfortunately the router is now past its 3 month support window so I can't report it as a fault to Netgear unless I can show that my specific router has a hardware problem and needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-H View Post
    UPDATE: I thought I should update this post in case anyone sees it in the future and thinks it is the solution. I have now found that my IP address is not causing the problem but it is actually caused by my Netgear D7800 router. If I use a different router then I can access the Xara content catalogue site perfectly but with my Netgear router I can only access it if I go via a VPN - very strange! Unfortunately the router is now past its 3 month support window so I can't report it as a fault to Netgear unless I can show that my specific router has a hardware problem and needs to be replaced.
    Router DHCP server IP address conflict? Or a bad Port. I had an errant wireless mouse did the same for me.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I assume XARA is going out of business and slowly discontinuing services. I've used XARA for years and spent a fortune on upgrades and bragged on them... now no support whatsoever. Can't wait to tell everyone how bad they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by webadage View Post
    I assume XARA is going out of business and slowly discontinuing services. I've used XARA for years and spent a fortune on upgrades and bragged on them... now no support whatsoever. Can't wait to tell everyone how bad they suck.
    Xara has not gone to the wall. It has changed its support model over to Magix (https://support2.magix.com/customer/).

Other than your concern over support, do you have a specific problem that a TGer can help you with?
    If so, do please raise a fresh Thread as adding to a specific on on the Online content catalogue will be confusing to all.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat