Quote Originally Posted by Rob-H View Post
Sorry to reply to my own post but I think I have now got to the bottom of the issue. Thanks very much for your input which gave me the idea.

I've just tried accessing the Xara site via a VPN and it works perfectly either from a browser or from inside Xara. This must mean that it is my (dynamic) Talktalk IP address that is causing the issue. My guess is that it must have been blacklisted as Talktalk ones do seem to be periodically.

Thanks again for the help.
UPDATE: I thought I should update this post in case anyone sees it in the future and thinks it is the solution. I have now found that my IP address is not causing the problem but it is actually caused by my Netgear D7800 router. If I use a different router then I can access the Xara content catalogue site perfectly but with my Netgear router I can only access it if I go via a VPN - very strange! Unfortunately the router is now past its 3 month support window so I can't report it as a fault to Netgear unless I can show that my specific router has a hardware problem and needs to be replaced.