Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smart photo grid problem

I've got the above on multiple pages of a site - really easy way to display a portfolio of pics of different proportions.
    When you click on a pic to view the larger version it works - but when you use the forward and back buttons - (under the enlarged pic OR on the physical keyboard - , the pics do not display in the same order as they are on the web page.
    This happens with all the photo grids on this site.
    Example page: http://www.deskleineibst.com/studio_cars.htm

Any ideas?

Default Re: Smart photo grid problem

Hi LGF, what smart photo grid are you using?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Let's run with the Smart Photo grid 2. This does not have have Photo Pop-up set.

So, open the Page & Layer gallery. Expand the Photo grid. Use the Shift key and select all the Clipped photos.
    In the Web Properties, alter the Pop-up photo settings.

Now you can re-arrange the pecking order of the individual photos against each other to reflect your required navigation order.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Egg,
    It's smart photo grid 1.
    Every few weeks I add new pics - with the newest first - so I have to move the other pics down the grid.

Hi Acorn,
    Thanks for that, but the pics on the page are in the order I want them - I used smart photo grid 1 which accommodates pics of different proportions. I then just drag and drop my clients pics onto the grid and keep adding new rows.

Just tried to re-arrange pics in the page and layer gallery.
    Smart photo grid is grouped and if you click on a pic you can't move it's position in the page and layer gallery.
    If you ungroup the pics, then the grid ceases to be "smart".
    BTW, I did ungroup the grid and then drag the pics to reflect the page layout - makes NO difference when you click on the pic to enlarge - the order stays "random".
    Very frustrating.

Just created a new photo grid 1 of 9 pics - 3 rows of 3 pics.
    Starting at the top left, i dragged and dropped the new images into position.
    I expanded the photo grid in the page and layer gallery and it shows the pics in reverse order - last 1 first and first 1 last!
    Like I said because it's "smart" grid, you cant't click and drag the pics in the p&l gallery to re-arrange them.
    This is not so smart I'm thinking.... and very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Just created a new photo grid 1 of 9 pics - 3 rows of 3 pics.
    Starting at the top left, i dragged and dropped the new images into position.
    I expanded the photo grid in the page and layer gallery and it shows the pics in reverse order - last 1 first and first 1 last!
    Like I said because it's "smart" grid, you cant't click and drag the pics in the p&l gallery to re-arrange them.
    This is not so smart I'm thinking.... and very frustrating!
    Mea culpa! You are right.
    What I have just tried is to remove all the photos down to the last one and painstakingly add a new picture on the same row and add the picture next to cycle doen when expanded then I can reposition into a new location and / or row at will.

It is tedious but it works.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the reply Acorn - wonder if there's any chance the technical guys at Xara can fix this - is it worth putting in a support ticket?

I can't get the images out of sequence. No matter how many times I move an image to another position (using the blue dot) the sequence reflects the changed position. The only issue I could see that would be a bother to you LGF is the add/remove rows always adds a new row to the bottom.

EDIT: Pehaps you could attach a problem page or link it via dropbox etc?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 14 June 2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host