Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image as page background

Hi There,

I have asked this before but was wondering if anyone has come across a solution.
    I would like an image to be the background of the whole page.
    My image size is 1920 x 1288 pixels

How do I set the image to be the page background and it fills the whole page. For some reason it is always too short or not wide enough.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Image as page background

Steve,

I will try and help. I am assuming you are going to have this page printed. I will explain how I would do it. There maybe other ways that would work but this is how I approach what you are looking for.

I am assuming that the 1920 x 1288 pixel that you referenced is width x height, this is also assuming that the pixel sizing you gave before is based on screen resolution of72 DPI size. First you need to open the Utilities menu and open the "Options" sub menu. Under the "View" tab you would need to check the tab for import at dpi specified in image file.

Once this is done, you can load your picture on to the page. At this point you will probable have a large picture in comparison to the page. Select the picture and set the height to the size of the page. Which means that the picture is wider than the height. You will have to crop the picture to fit the page. If you were using this for the Web you could select Web stretchy by right clicking on the picture but for print this is not an option.

Hope this gets you started.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Perfect, thank you.

I am not printing, just setting up a holding page.

Looks good, thanks for sharing and your time.

Best Regards,

Steve.

I am not printing, just setting up a holding page.
    In which case I will move this to the Web Design Chat forum.