Hi,

Could this thread be elevated to “Dear Xara”?

The issue with XDP "Masters" and the PNG output not retaining transparency, which Xara, more than two years ago, had recognized as a bug and compromised to deliver a fix was never fixed actually. For a clear understanding of the issue, I just recorded a new screencast: http://bit.ly/333g9JE

The last reply I had through Xara support service mentioned that the fix hasn’t received Xara’s attention because other users haven't requested support, so there is no priority on addressing it. The full history of the support around the issue is shown below.

I thought that elevating the thread to “Dear Xara” could show them that other users have interest in a fix.

Thank you!
Carlos

--------------------------------
Jun 15, 2017
Ticket #DGV-688-15189
[…]
This appears to be fixed internally, we're just awaiting for the fix to be deployed via a patch. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Kindest regards
Customer Support
Xara Group Ltd

Tue, 4 Jul 2017
Ticket #DGV-688-15189
[…]
I can't say when we're planning to release the next update as dates can change unfortunately but hopefully within the next week or so.
Kindest regards
Customer Support
Xara Group Ltd

16 Feb 2018
Ticket #JRT-183-77337
[…]
Again unfortunately there has been no movement on this.
Generally improvements and fixes are prioritised based on how many people it affects. Since we have had no other customers requesting this fix it is unlikely that this will be fixed soon.
I have again however added your feedback again to the system.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind Regards
Customer Support
Xara Group Ltd