Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can't Reach Paragraph Spacing Tool

Quote Originally Posted by harryd View Post
    I'm sure the answer is obvious, but not to me. The problem is that I can't reach the Paragraph Spacing tool (item 10) on the Text Toolbar.

When I select the Text Tool, the Text Toolbar appears near the top as expected. However, on my screen, the Toolbar ends on the right with "Split Text Area Into Columns" tool (item 9) and there seems to be no way to shrink the width of the Text Toolbar so that I can reach the Paragraph Spacing tool.

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem when I was new to Xara. Support didn't have an answer, but i finally figured it out: My screen resolution was set to low. Try changing your Display Settings to a higher resolution - my horizontal resolution now is 1280px and it works fine. I think my paragraph spacing tool was off the right side of the screen when I had the resolution at 1024.

hey restless - did you even bother to read the thread?... ROFL
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hey restless - did you even bother to read the thread?... ROFL
    Only the first page. I was just trying to help... sorry to have upset you. Ed

oh you haven't upset me - and I hope I haven't upset you

it really is a good idea to read threads before you reply, it's a discussion after all... it doesn't stand still... at least, not in the good threads
    Nothing lasts forever...

If I were not 77 years old, blind in one eye, and dealing with the "late effects" of the polio I had in 1945 - which leaves me with very little stamina - then I would do more. My eyes tire very quickly, and at best I am only able to work about 3 hours a day.

I looked at every answer on the page before I replied.

It really is a good idea to find out what is going on before you start laughing at people with disabilities.

now how am I supposed to know that without being told? I did of course read your recent thread posts here - and on that basis it stikes me you are coping very well under the circumstances, so congratulations; I am truely sorry if you find things difficult, and ROFL is a figure of internet speech, it does not mean you are actually being laughed at, just that the situation is funny
    Last edited by handrawn; 17 June 2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: thread posts, not threads to be pedantic
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    now how am I supposed to know that without being told? I did of course read your recent threads here - and on that basis it stikes me you are coping very well under the circumstances, so congratulations; I am truely sorry if you find things difficult, and ROFL is a figure of internet speech, it does not mean you are actually being laughed at, just that the situation is funny
    I guess we have different ideas of "funny." To me, someone who expects everybody who wants to help to first read through 4 pages of posts... well, I guess that's not very funny either, IMHO.

Don't worry about it.

Ed

N’importe quoi...
    Nothing lasts forever...