Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Suddenly Can't Export PDF Files - Help!

maybe some other program has interefered with the filter... can't really help much beyond that...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    maybe some other program has interefered with the filter... can't really help much beyond that...
    Could be... I tried closing most of the other running programs on my computer. Nothing new was installed that I recall. When I submitted my ticket, Xara had me use debugview to see if there were any issues during operation. I haven't heard back yet from them, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the debug log file.

I sincerely thank all of you for your suggestions. I always have felt the best asset to Xara is the talkgraphics community!
    -Paul

I am having the exact same problem with Designer Pro x365 - same error, etc. I also sent Support request - no reply yet. I also have Designer Pro X9 installed on the same computer (Win7 64-bit). I am able to Export the same .xar file to PDF with that version. I have other versions of Xara installed on a Win7 64-bit laptop as well and (curiously) they have the same export problems. This is new. I've used Xara programs for years without a hint of export problem. If you have X9 - give it a try, until there is an X365 solution. I hope this helps.

I just re-checked my Wn7 64-bit laptop installations of Xara programs (Xtreme5 and Designer Pro 7), and both will export to PDF. My Win7 64-bit PC will still export to PDF, using Designer Pro 9, and still will not export using Designer Pro X365 (v. 2.6.2).

Quote Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
    My Win7 64-bit PC will still export to PDF, using Designer Pro 9, and still will not export using Designer Pro X365 (v. 2.6.2).
    Yup. Same Issue and windows version. It seems like it's an issue with the PDF filter, but I feel like I've tried everything to fix it without success.

You could try to delete the PDF-Filters in c:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\12\Filters\ENG\PDFImport\ and c:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\12\Filters\ENG\PDFXFilter\.
    Then You must do a repair installation.

If this not work, uninstall Xara and clean all registry entries with Xara. Delete the Xara-folder in the Programm-folder, in c:\ProgramData\ and in c:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Xara\. Shut down Your machine and after new boot reinstall Xara.

I hope this will work – or wait until X-mas and maybe Xara has a solution for You.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    ...I hope this will work – or wait until X-mas and maybe Xara has a solution for You.
    Might be a tad optimistic there, Ernie!

There have always been some export filters not seen or not working correctly for some users. Often it is the PDF export. But I've never seen it last beyond running as an admin.

It may be that even the installation needs to be done on an elevated level--that is, run the installer as an admin.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Might be a tad optimistic there, Ernie!

There have always been some export filters not seen or not working correctly for some users. Often it is the PDF export. But I've never seen it last beyond running as an admin.

It may be that even the installation needs to be done on an elevated level--that is, run the installer as an admin.
    I had this problems often with XDP X. And I figure out, that delete all what Xara write to the installation and than make a clean install works for me. In Win 7 and obove, You can only as an admin install programs.

Greetings all... I just experienced the same problem and closed-out the program, rebooted, etc. options, all forms of PDF export... all to no avail.

Prior to the problem, I had been monkeying around with bullet symbols but decided to revert to their standard form. During that exploration a few things were abnormal, which is why I went back to conventional forms of bullets.

Anyway, that is the before the problem situation. Recalling that, this morning I wondered if some of that monkeying around introduced some anomolies in the text. To test that, I selected all the objects and change ALL text to a standard but different text (Arial) and then tried a PDF export.

It worked fine. I am not sure of your text situation in your case, but you might want to give this a try.

Cheers,
    Keith Jones, Victoria, BC

Quote Originally Posted by rkeithjones View Post
    Greetings all... I just experienced the same problem and closed-out the program, rebooted, etc. options, all forms of PDF export... all to no avail.

Prior to the problem, I had been monkeying around with bullet symbols but decided to revert to their standard form. During that exploration a few things were abnormal, which is why I went back to conventional forms of bullets.

Anyway, that is the before the problem situation. Recalling that, this morning I wondered if some of that monkeying around introduced some anomolies in the text. To test that, I selected all the objects and change ALL text to a standard but different text (Arial) and then tried a PDF export.

It worked fine. I am not sure of your text situation in your case, but you might want to give this a try.

Cheers,
    Keith Jones, Victoria, BC
    That's maybe an other issue, fonts are not allowed in pdf. For this example You may convert all text into shapes.