Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Suddenly Can't Export PDF Files - Help!

Today when I tried to export pdf files from XDPX360, I get the following error message:
    "The PDF Filter encountered a general problem. PDF export is aborted. (0004)"

Yesterday there was no problem. I've tried exporting existing files and blank files and get the same error.

I have admin rights on my computer and I've tried the right-click, "Run As Admin" trick, but it didn't help.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled several times and restarted my computer several times.

Nothing else has changed on my computer from yesterday when I used it last, until today.

I created a ticked (RDZ-583-64492), but I've never had great support from Xara through their ticket system.

Please help if you have any other suggestions to try! I use Xara as my primary design program at work and I'm dead in the water right now!

-Paul

Default Re: Suddenly Can't Export PDF Files - Help!

Where are you trying to export to? Did you try your desktop to help eliminate permission issues? Reboot?

Oh yeah, did you try just doing a new document instead of the file you are working on?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Where are you trying to export to? Did you try your desktop to help eliminate permission issues? Reboot?
    I've tried exporting it to a bunch of places with no success. Yes, I rebooted several times.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Oh yeah, did you try just doing a new document instead of the file you are working on?
    I've tried new, old, blank, different sizes, and all the pdf export options

I haven't heard back from Xara yet and I've tried everything I've come across for solutions. Following an old article I found on xara's support knowledge base, I tried to register the individual filter dlls for pdf export, but this didn't help either.

As a temporary fix, I downloaded/installed the 32 bit version and it's working as expected. 64 bit is still not working despite many uninstalls and re-installs and reboots.

seen this before - a long time ago - as I recall the solution was to run program as administrator in an administrator account, but also with windows UAC settings down to 'never notify' just for that operation - but this is from memory... and would have been a different version of xarra an quite possibly win7....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as I recall the solution was to run program as administrator in an administrator account, but also with windows UAC settings down to 'never notify' just for that operation
    Thank you for the suggestion - I'm definitely open to them! I tried this, but it didn't work. Xara did respond now asking for additional information. If/when this is resolved, I'll report back.

You could try uploading file to here to see if we get them same problem as it would be quicker than waiting for Xara to respond. I have had a few problems over the last year exporting to PDF they were the old problem with either fonts or artifacts off the artboard which caused the aborted export.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    You could try uploading file to here to see if we get them same problem
    Every file has the issue including a new blank file.

Well... It's been a week since I gave Xara more information through their ticket support system, and they have not got back to me.

I use XDPX at a fortune 500 company and I've fought over the years to be able to use it over other pro software titles. Xara left me high and dry on this one and I don't really have a leg to stand on with my supervisor; I'll begrudgingly have to transition to other software. Being a customer for every pro version since V6, I genuinely thought they would help out more.