Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can't open content catalogue

That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

The problem with the current options of priority is it tends to get abused frequently, the normal priority being the rarest I see lol. With everyone setting their priority to urgent or emergency we try to work more in a chronological order, the problem being there that if you reply to your ticket often it pushes it back up the queue as recently replied. It's not a perfect system and I'm not sure of any ways to make it as such it but if you do have something you want us to urgently look into you can PM me with your ticket number and I'll look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks very much, Rob. I do appreciate this.

I still think there needs to be a rethink of timeframes and priorities in Xara's support system. This forum is always a source of great help, and Xara's support team gives very good fixes, workarounds and advice - But the bottom line is that Xara's products are (unfortunately) not mainstream tools, for which people can easily get support locally. Add to this Xara's tools as somewhere between standalone and hosted products... Well, folks who stick their necks out and use non-conventional Xara tools to deliver services to clients (often on a tight budget and with serious deadlines) are already taking a risk. They should not also have to worry about waiting several days for a reply when they can't access their paid features.

As someone who's cooordinated helpdesks myself I also get frustrated that many helpdesk programmes treat a client update to a ticket as similar to a support reply and push the ticket to the back of the queue (that's actually why I submitted a separate ticket with a critical listing asking Support to handle the ticket which I had been updating). And I certainly sympathise with the problem of everyone labelling their problems an emergency. Perhaps your prioritisation of tickets could also take into account responses to a question about which features are affected and how? Or else if you are really not using the priority listings, then maybe remove them, so that clients don't have an unrealistic idea of when help will come? Some helpdesks charge for emergency support or quote a charge if emergency support is abused. Not sure that would work here. I'm reluctant to suggest raising the price of Xara products to cover an increase in support staff. But I do think that adding resources for timely support will ultimately benefit Xara.

Hi Yaffa,

There's certainly a lot of interesting comments you've made and whilst I'm not at liberty to say what our plans for support is I will certainly pass some of your comments onto our directors who are looking over this area.

Thanks
    Rob

Great, many thanks.