Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can't open content catalogue

Support suggest something which unfortunately was not successful a few days ago, and I haven't heard back from my replies to that ticket and really need to access the Catalogue and other features asap. Grateful if someone could clarify how to reinstall without losing my history of recent sites including backups.

You can make a copy of your backup folder.

I'd place the copy on your desktop then if you can do a successful re-install then replace the new backups folder with the saved folder.

And if you do a reinstall do a clean reinstall, though you will need you registration number to re-register your product.

Give support another day or two if you can to respond before you do this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	app data.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	117995  

Many thanks, Gary.

If anyone from Xara support is reading this, I really would appreciate an answer to ticket TJQ-705-33568 asap, though of course I appreciate that you probably don't work on weekends. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    If anyone from Xara support is reading this, I really would appreciate an answer to ticket TJQ-705-33568 asap, though of course I appreciate that you probably don't work on weekends. Many thanks.
    No, they don't but some are TGers who do take an interest.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I wonder if this is related to another thread in 'Dear Xara' from someone else who can' t use the content catalogue. I really really hope to hear back from Xara support soon as the last week has been very very difficult.

Hi yjs,

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from anyone in support, can you let me know your ticket number and I'll take a look into it.

Also, for this error message ("The designs gallery must be enabled to import content...") can you try going to Window > Control Bars > Reset and see if you can now access the Content Catalogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi yjs,

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from anyone in support, can you let me know your ticket number and I'll take a look into it.

Also, for this error message ("The designs gallery must be enabled to import content...") can you try going to Window > Control Bars > Reset and see if you can now access the Content Catalogue?
    Thanks so much- the ticket number is: TJQ-705-33568. That workaround was suggested by Support but unfortunately didn't help. I responded on 13th June and sent several updates but haven't heard back. Many thanks again if you could help.

I know the Xara support team are busy but I respectfully suggest a serious rethink of the support ticket system - including deciding on appropriate waiting times for people who can't access the features they've paid for and submit 'critical' requests.

Phew, Support were very helpful (It was a quite complex fix, including a complete uninstall) and I can finally access the programme as a registered user with the full content catalogue etc.

Still I do think the issue of support timeframe for critical matters needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by yjs; 20 June 2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: clarity