Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Business Association website directory in Xara Web Designer Premium

I need to develop a business directory for approximately 140-150 commercial tenants. This is to be included in the Business Association's website. Each tenant's page (which will link from a text directory page) will include a photo, a small desriptor of services or products, and a map of their location in the area (this is not for a Mall). I am new to Xara Web so if someone has some advice as to how to set up something like this... OR perhaps direct me to a XARA site that includes a directory such as this it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Default Re: Business Association website directory in Xara Web Designer Premium

I do a website for artists in my community. There are over 80 artists and each artist has her/his gallery. www.PlacitasArtists.com

I publish each artist to a separate folder but link to their gallery from the main site.

So for example, if an artist's name is Bob Robert, then Bob's gallery is published as a one page website (in a sub directory). So it would be placitasartists.com/b_robert

It is a lot more manageable and easier to update a specific artists when I get new art for their gallery.

Does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I do a website for artists in my community. There are over 80 artists and each artist has her/his gallery. www.PlacitasArtists.com

I publish each artist to a separate folder but link to their gallery from the main site.

So for example, if an artist's name is Bob Robert, then Bob's gallery is published as a one page website (in a sub directory). So it would be placitasartists.com/b_robert

It is a lot more manageable and easier to update a specific artists when I get new art for their gallery.

Does this make sense?

Yes Gary thank you! I basically had a similar idea using a standard template designed to contain and display similar information on each page (i.e. map, photo, service list, etc.). Thanks for confirming my solution to the problem... well I only had the one idea really

I have a template I use so I can put together a gallery with 8 images, artists statement and contact info in under 30 minutes.

well I only had the one idea really
    As long as it's a good idea...

I love the effect Gary! I assume I could replace the individual small linked icons with store titles and then include individual store info (map location, photo and store description) on the larger linked pages. If it would work like that I can see it working great for a shopping centre web directory.

Yes, I think so. The larger images are on individual layers and the thumbs link to each layer. As are the artists statement and contact information. So the whole gallery is one page.

HAH! never thought of links to individual layers. I'm so used to linking to actual pages. This way should also retain speedy links and help to keep the size of the website down. Thanks again!