Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mark321's THIRTY LOGOS assignments

The logo is the point. The catch phrase should make someone want to see who it is. Don't make it difficult for them to read the name.

I would be inclined to put the logo above the tagline and make the logo larger than the text.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

You guys are right! How does it look now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 800 RoseBud 4 RGB.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	117943

I would make it an imperative: Call || 1-800-ROSEBUD || for that Special Someone.
    The Call could be a small thorn.
    The for that Special Someone ought to follow the path of the stem.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I would make it an imperative: Call || 1-800-ROSEBUD || for that Special Someone.
    The Call could be a small thorn.
    The for that Special Someone ought to follow the path of the stem.

Acorn
    I'm not sure how that would look since most florists cut the thorns off of roses these days. Plus, a thorn would look "anti-romantic". This company has a strange name: 1-800-Rosebud is it's name and they want it to be a wordmark with "maybe" a flower (which CAN include a rose but doesn't have to) but I thought it SHOULD be a rose icon because of the name.
    However, my choice of colors doesn't have enough contrast so I did change it one more time. Tomorrow is another day and another adventure in logoland.

Name:	1 800 RoseBud 4 RGB.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	117948

Well done Mark, keep going . Looks like you are really getting to grips with Illustrator.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum I did sign up for the challenge but haven't even managed one logo yet! (shame on me!).

What I've done instead, for the time being, is to create a quick ‘mind map’ to organise the information contained within each assignment, including the logo design tips, ready for when I can give it my full attention.

It looks like it will become quite a useful collection of logo design information.

Name:	mind-map.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	117952
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Well done Mark, keep going . Looks like you are really getting to grips with Illustrator.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum I did sign up for the challenge but haven't even managed one logo yet! (shame on me!).

What I've done instead, for the time being, is to create a quick ‘mind map’ to organise the information contained within each assignment, including the logo design tips, ready for when I can give it my full attention.

It looks like it will become quite a useful collection of logo design information.

Name:	mind-map.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	117952
    Jonopen,

You can do it! I have faith in you!

Assignment LOGO #7

Name:	Austin RUN.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	117955 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Austin RUN Mockup.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	117956

The client is the city of Austin Texas. They sponsor a run (The Austin Run) and they wanted a logo. Now, I must admit something here. The client wanted me to be creative (whatever the heck that means). And I must admit, it took a LONG LONG time do create this. You should have seen this an hour and a half ago. It was so bad I thought I was gonna go to sleep and give up. But I didn't. I persevered and still managed to create something I like.

Impressions? I Like this logo although I'm not sure of it's execution. I think it could have been executed better. But all in all, I still like this logo. Cons? Well, I'm tired because of 1) I've hit a designer's block. And, 2) I felt lost while trying to find my artistic voice. It was there. It just took a while to find it, a long while. And 3) I've been up since 1a.m. this morning. And I've had no coffee yet.

So, what's your take on my logo. Does it need tweaking and if so, where?

Mark

P.S...I cropped that lady sitting on the ground out of the shot and she's still there, definitely incongruent. LOL!

Assignment LOGO #8

Name:	Sparked.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	117970

This assignment is from an online news magazine called Sparked. They report new video games. They wanted a logo that would work on a black (or dark) background. They wanted it to have a transparent background (.png) so it would allow their website background to show through. They wanted a logo with either fire or a spark as the icon, hence the name Sparked. They wanted warm colors (red, orange or yellow). I'm posting this image with a black background to see how it would show up but there will be a transparent background for this client.

Impressions? I love this image. It took me no time at all to brainstorm what I wanted, which was a bloodshot eye (because gamers stay up late playing video games) with a bolt of lightning and a jumbled text saying "SPARKED". Yesterday I wasn't in a creative mood but today I found my muse and was able to hit the ground running! Cons? There always is a con with transparent backgrounds because the client will open the image and the background will probably look black even though it's transparent. And when they see the black background they might complain that they said they wanted a transparent background. Then I have to explain to them that the image IS transparent when used on their website (this problem pops up often with transparencies).

So how'd I do? Do you feel I created a good logo or not? Do you think the client would be delighted?

Mark

Mark,

I liked the Austin Run logo. I think this came out great and I could totally see this being used on posters for advertisement of the run.

With that being said, your Spark logo does not do it for me. I am not a fan of the large lighting bolt nor the eye. Sorry. I would like a couple of small lighting bolts coming off the end of the word Sparked. Not sure what I would do with the eye.

Keep up the good work.

How about and update on using Adobe for this exercise and overall how to you find it as compared to when you use Xara? Do you think you would of done a better job using Xara because of the tools and easy of use?

Ray