Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mark321's THIRTY LOGOS assignments

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Mark, I read "The Grind" initially as "The Grinch".
    OMG! Acorn! Now, I see it too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Grind Logo.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	117880

So, at Acorn's recommendation, I changed the font so it would not read "Grinch". I changed it back into my original font that I was going to go with anyway. It reminds me of "Breakfast" too, a great secondary association to "coffee".

And, although the font would not work as a slogan font, I did try to make it smaller and on one line. Smaller is better, Acorn. It competes less with the logo and it gives a better hierarchy to the overall look. Thanks for the "heads-up".

Mark
    Last edited by Mark321; 09 June 2017 at 07:25 PM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think it looks great Mark!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I can already smell the beans!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I think it looks great Mark!
    Thank you, Frances!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I can already smell the beans!

Acorn
    Thank you, Acorn! You are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Thank you, Acorn! You are amazing!
    two down.

Back on my minor whinge over the "Morning coffee. Nothing's better." slogan; I said so as the cadence is wrong when you say it out loud. "Morning's coffee. Nothing's better." or "Morning coffee. Nothing better." Either both are sentences, or not.
    Vampires are fatally attracted to counting (Sesame Street); I get hung up over Greengrocers' apostrophes and grammar (Radio 4 listener).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Assignment LOGO #3

Name:	Twitchy the Mail Rabbit Icon.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	117886

Twitchy the Rabbit is similar to Mail Chimp. The client was looking to update their icon, which was too detailed to look good at small sizes. My job was to create a more "iconic" image of Twitchy. The main specifications included making the image 50 x 50 pixels. My sketches started with a take on their original "one floppy ear" and to have a pair of ears coming out of an envelope. At first this was too trite and the image was not specific enough to help viewers identify what they were looking at. So, I also came up with a version (still in my sketchbook) where the rabbit is holding an envelope but you couldn't see his face, just his ears above the envelope and big fluffy feet below the envelope. But still it wasn't clear enough that it was a rabbit. So, my last sketch was of a rabbit's head sticking out of an open envelope, of course, with one floppy ear. Then while designing it in AI I decided to tilt the image slightly and shear the image, again, slightly. I am not a great artist but I feel this image meets the clients needs (specifications). And this image was made 50 x 50 pixels as well.

Impressions? Getting the ears "just right" was a chore. But overall, I am please with this icon. I was afraid of putting "too much" details in the image as they would only clutter up a small image. Plus, with such a small image, I found myself using the align tool a whole lot, even more than I normally would. I originally made the envelope the same color as the rabbit's nose (pink) but the image looked like you could see through his face to the envelope behind, not good. So, I changed the envelope to a contrasting color (pale blue) which proved to be a good choice. If I were to do this all again I might not use the shear tool but as it stands now, I think the shear effect gives the overall image a sense of movement and urgency, effective indeed.

So, what say you? Did I meet the client's need successfully? If you were the client, would you be happy with this image?

3 images down and 27 to go! Whew!

Mark

P.S...I'm not sure what context to couch this image in so I didn't make a mockup. Maybe I will create one later just the same.
    P.S.S...I wonder if I should have put a bow tie on this rabbit.
    P.S.S.S...Never mind. The bow tie looks too much like strange arms. Leave out the bow tie.
    P.S.S.S.S...I am not sure if I should have included text stating that it was Twitchy. But since it was not specified, I left it out.

I wasn't entirely happy with the last version. So, I redid it. NOW, I'm happy! My computer is acting up. I also added a drop shadow which is not in this image. Here's the picture:

Name:	New Twitchy.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	117893

P.S...I also made this a SVG file so it could be scaled up or down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twitchy the Mail Rabbit Icon.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	117892  
    Last edited by Mark321; 11 June 2017 at 03:23 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I like the top one the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Mark, your latest is bestest. I can see the animations already.
    I keep wanting to use the rabbit head as the "y" in Twitchy but I know I'd be stuck with allusion to witches drinking tea.
    Could the rabbit ears superimpose on the inner part of the "w" and the upright of the "t"?

Acorn