Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Default Re: Mark321's THIRTY LOGOS assignments

There's no clue as to what was required for the logo, so flying blind here.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with your design whatsoever. Here's a simpler version.
    I have combined everything needed in a compact design. Font used Champ Ultra. By Bob Alonso.

Edit: Here's my own mockup!

Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	film.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	118301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mockup.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	118302  

Last edited by iamtheblues; 06 July 2017 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    There's no clue as to what was required for the logo, so flying blind here.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with your design whatsoever. Here's a simpler version.
    I have combined everything needed in a compact design. Font used Champ Ultra. By Bob Alonso.

Edit: Here's my own mockup!

Bob.
    Bob, I thought of that very image as my first idea but decided it was probably something that some other student did and I wanted something more original. Love the mockup, by the way! And I even thought of using all caps too but it just felt too simple and not enough punch to the image. Plus, your text is a little too tight for me as far as spacing is concerned. Must try harder! LOL!

Mark

HaHa!!! Well done, Mark, be as vicious as you like...I can take it.
    I was pleased with the mockup, too. The picture was full colour originally, but given the subject matter, black & white (or even sepia now I come to think of it) seemed to work well.

Edit: Second thoughts.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contone.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	118303  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 06 July 2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

HaHa!!! Well done, Mark, be as vicious as you like...I can take it.
    I was pleased with the mockup, too. The picture was full colour originally, but given the subject matter, black & white (or even sepia now I come to think of it) seemed to work well.

Edit: Second thoughts.
    Bob.
    Only joking with you, Bob. I'd never hurt my friends. You have been gracious with your time and talents and for that I am grateful.

Mark

And, yes, I like the sepia toned background too.

Assignment LOGO #30 (the final image)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buds Mens Shop.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	118310 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buds Mens Shop Mockup.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	118311

This image is nostalgic for me. We were assigned to re-create (re-brand) a logo. So, I chose my grandfather's men's clothing store. Established in 1949, in Meridian, Mississippi (USA), it was the place where all us boys grew into men. My grandfather, A.H. (Bud) Evans ran the store until he was nearly 80 years old. Bud's Men's Shop closed its doors in 1984 (I was 19 years old then). I decided to change his logo by switching the fonts. He had script for the word "Bud's" and san serif for "Men's Shop". My grandfather died in 1991 at the age of 86.

Impressions? You be the judge. Cons? Saying goodbye one more time to grandpa.

Mark

P.S...The tag line is one of the original tag lines used for years in the company's marketing.
    Last edited by Mark321; 07 July 2017 at 12:39 PM.

Every show needs a curtain call. Take your bows, guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9 Logos A.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	118312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9 Logos B.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	118313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9 Logos C.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	118314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 Logos D.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	118315

It was quite a journey! I've enjoyed it. And YOU made it worthwhile. I am forever grateful for your encouragement and suggestions. I thank you, so MUCH!
    Be blessed, be well and I'll see you around!

Mark

Congratulations on staying the course, Mark.
    Well done indeed.
    Bob.

Congratulations on staying the course, Mark.
    Well done indeed.
    Bob.
    Thank you, Bob. You are most kind. It was not easy but I never went to design school. I studied graphic design on my own and although I've taken a couple of online design classes, they were just generic (basic) stuff that I easily excelled at but I thought this Thirty Logos thing would be more SPECIFIC than some generic class. IT WAS. And I learned a lot. I've got a ways to go to catch up to Bob, but I'm willing to try! Watch out, Bob! You may have created a monster! LOL!

Mark

P.S...In that last logo, the one of my grandfather's men's clothing store...I used verisimilitude. But then, I cheated, I am a master at it since I am a magician too (retired) but passing off illusion as realism is something I know a little bit of (47 years in magic).

Congratulations Mark, well done for completing all the assignments.
    I signed up myself and haven't done a single one! I've learned a fair bit just by following you though!
    There are some excellent logos in there, you should be proud.
    Now for your next challenge (should you choose to accept it) - Create a website using Xara! Featuring a selection of these logos on a portfolio page!
    No pressure, if you decide to, you know there's a few on here that can help out if you get stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by sculptex View Post
    Congratulations Mark, well done for completing all the assignments.
    I signed up myself and haven't done a single one! I've learned a fair bit just by following you though!
    There are some excellent logos in there, you should be proud.
    Now for your next challenge (should you choose to accept it) - Create a website using Xara! Featuring a selection of these logos on a portfolio page!
    No pressure, if you decide to, you know there's a few on here that can help out if you get stuck!
    Thanks, sculptex. Yes, not all of my creations are winners but the progression from the beginning to the end shows a marked improvement. I think I'm gonna wait on publishing a website because I have other duties to attend to first, namely, I've got to make some new business cards with my new logo and I've got to publish my book (I promised Leo that I would) and I've got to focus on celebrating my parent's 50th wedding anniversary this month (the 29th). Much to do! But as soon as I can, I'm going to definitely publish a website, using Xara, of course!

Mark