Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mark321's THIRTY LOGOS assignments

A hackneyed expression, but I'm happy to help!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Twin Peaks?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Twin Peaks?

Acorn
    I remember the TV show! Twin Peaks! LOL!

Assignment LOGO #20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freelance.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	118118 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freelance Mockup.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	118119

Today's logo is a company called Freelance. Freelance is an online system (mostly for creative types) that helps freelancers manage resources (i.e. invoices, time, projects, client communication etc.) all in one suite. They wanted a wordmark mostly but would accept an icon (maybe, if they liked it). I kept it clean and simple with type and a black circle behind the text to add some class and elegance. The font I chose is called: Syirenata. I let the text become reversed (become white) in front of the circle. I played around with the circle "encircling" different parts of the text and settled on this look.

Impressions? The font is beautiful indeed with a swash on the "l" to add interest. I enjoy looking at this logo. In fact, I keep looking at it. In my opinion, it is the best logo out of the 20 that I have done so far. Cons? It took a little experimenting to find the way to best turn the text "white" in front of the black circle. But I did discover a way.

What's the verdict? Do I achieve a good looking logo, in your opinion? If you were the client, would you enjoy this look?

Mark

I like what you have done and I'm not sure about the rules, but if they want a word mark, give 'em a word mark. Nice choice of font. I would personally go for a capital and also tighten up the text a bit. I don't like the gap between the L and the A very much, but that's a personal thing, I suppose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	118122  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I like what you have done and I'm not sure about the rules, but if they want a word mark, give 'em a word mark. Nice choice of font. I would personally go for a capital and also tighten up the text a bit. I don't like the gap between the L and the A very much, but that's a personal thing, I suppose.
    Bob,

I got rid of the circle and just left it a word mark. I liked the font too. I didn't go for the capitol only because the "F" looked ugly to me so I used a lowercase "f". I did check with other fonts to see if they had a nice script "F" that was an upper case but alas, only one had a pleasant cap "F" and that one had poor looking other letters (just my luck). LOL! That's why the tag line has the first word in lower case to be consistent with the logo. I suppose it's all just a personal thing though. But in the final analysis, I would let the client choose if they wanted the cap or the lower case "F". And I do agree, the L and the A could be closer and the rest of the letters a little tighter too.

Views:	61 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	118123 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freelance Mockup.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	118124

The LA pair is too tight now. Make it visually the same as the an pair.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The LA pair is too tight now. Make it visually the same as the an pair.
    Mike,

You're RIGHT!

Views:	56 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	118126

Assignment LOGO #21

Name:	Sprinkles.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	118154 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sprinkles Mockup.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	118155

This was a fun logo to create! It's an ice cream shop chain that is all across the United States. I scream. You scream. We all scream for ICE CREAM! LOL! This playful font (that I embellished) is called All Spice Alternates. I moved the letters around so that the text would be more fun AND more legible (because the K and L were touching, making it difficult to read). The ice cream icon I didn't create (I got it from Pixabay). However, I did add the melting drops to make it more delicious looking and I carried that effect over to the "n" in SPRINKLES for repetition and because the gap between the swash and the "nk" was a little big (trapped white space). And since there were only 4 colors in the icon, I just carried those colors over to the text.

Impressions? I like this enough to make me go get some ice cream (fortunately I do have some that has no sugar added, gotta watch my weight! LOL!). This logo's mockup was adorable and I couldn't help but remember the time when I was young and me and my family went to the beach and made orange sherbert and went swimming while eating the homemade ice cream. Those were the days. Cons? I honestly can't think of any.

So, how'd I do? Does this logo make you remember your youth? Do you feel the company owner would love this logo too?

Mark

I got rid of the white stroke in mockup and replaced it with a black rectangle (with rounded corners) to make the colors "pop" more:

Name:	Sprinkles Mockup.jpg 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	118157
    Last edited by Mark321; 28 June 2017 at 03:42 PM.

Assignment LOGO #22

Name:	Thumb Plumbing.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	118162 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumb Plumbing Mockup.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	118163

This logo ain't right. That's because I was supposed to create a logo for myself. But there was a problem with that assignment. I already have a logo for myself. So, instead of just pasting a logo that I've already created (and you've seen before and that would have been lazy of me), I decided to create a fictional client of my own. His name is Tom Thumb (original name, I know) and Mr. Thumb runs a respectable plumbing service in the local area (but I gave him an 800 number just the same). He wants a logo with both text and an icon. So, I chose a wrench as the icon and changed the colors from red to blue (a more fitting color since plumbing usually deals with the water). Then I reduced the colors down to two colors. The main font I used was Madison Square Incised, primarily because it reminded me of pipes.

Impressions? I feel this logo does justice to a plumber (who's name happens to be Thumb). He apparently also does electrical work too. I love this bathroom image in the mockup and I like the font and color scheme chosen and I like the "and" which is more attractive than a regular ampersand. Cons? I had to change the black parts of the logo to white in order to use in the mockup on the black background.

So, how'd I do? Will Mr. Thumb appreciate this logo or not?

Mark

Dang. The spacing of the letters in the main text needed a revision:

Name:	Thumb Plumbing.jpg 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	118164 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumb Plumbing Mockup.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	118165