I believe I miss labeled yesterday's assignment as #3. When in fact it was #4.

Today's assignment is LOGO #5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WildLife Logo Mockup.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	117926

WildLife is a wild life habitat for animals around the world. It is a non-profit organization and (I assume) is privately owned and operated. They want a logo that is predominately an icon but text too is fine. I spent a little time on the sketchbook, realizing that I am not an artist and can't draw an animal. When I went to the computer, I was deciding on a lion as my icon. And I DID try my hand at drawing a "cartoon" lion (flat design) but I found out after quite some time that I suck at drawing lions too, even on the computer. So, I decided to find an iconic image of a lion on pixabay. I found one that was perfect for what I needed. And it looked FANTASTIC with text!

Impressions? I love this image, albeit it's not perfect (at least not the mockup anyhow). The slogan is not spaced correctly. But after an eternity at the computer, I've decided to quit while I was ahead. Cons? I HATE making the mockup! The reason is because when I went to save it as a jpeg, there was "something" on the palette that I could not find in the layers guide and I could not see it even when I put the image into wire view. So, I saved it with this HUGE bounding box that was about twice the size of the image I had created. Then I opened the jpeg in AI and cropped the jpeg and then traced it with the bitmap tracer (built in).

So, did I create a nice logo or not? If you were the client would you like this logo? I would like to think it's an excellent logo but a terrible mockup ad.

Mark