Assignment LOGO #1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPACE  LOGO.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	117861

This logo is for an office space company that has locations in different cities around the world. My concept development was to create an icon that represented outer "space". First I created an image of a planet with some stars surrounding it. I didn't like that idea. So then I created a sketch of a planet with a ring around it (i.e. Saturn). But while it took quite some time to get the ring just right, I found it looked more iconic if I just left the ring out all together and put a star inside of the planet. I used a science fiction type font to create the text and spaced the text out to communicate the idea that there is "space" in the company called SPACE.

Impressions? I am VERY pleased with this image. I designed it so that colors could be added later and the logo has the ability to be "scaled down" to incredibly small sizes and still be legible. It feels very elegant and communicates much in such a small space (no pun intended). Of course, the client is fictional so there's no feedback on any changes that might be necessary.

So, what do you think, my friends? Did I create a pretty nice image? It's just assignment number one, many more to go!

Mark

Possible color version:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPACE  LOGO in color.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	117862