Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Picture Editor won't load

I have a site which was developed under XDP7, and which has been moved to XWD365. It's loading successfully with the 32-bit version, but gives me an error message that Xara Picture Editor can't be loaded, and tells me to find it in the installation folder and run the .exe. That in turn gives me an error message that I don't have mfc120u.dll. A search of my drive finds that DLL in two places, c:\Windows\System32 ... also ... c:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist. Can anyone suggest a way for me to get Xara Picture Editor to install and run ... do I need this DLL in one of the Xara folders or sub-folders?

I can't get this .web file to load in the 64-bit version; gives me some kind of "CamBridge" error. I can live with running it in 32 bit for now, but would like to be able to run under 64 bit along with all my other sites.

Thanks in advance for any insights on this!

Default Re: Xara Picture Editor won't load

I had a very similar problem some months ago (happened suddenly, maybe some Windows patch?).
    Tipps from the net said to reinstall the visual c++ runtime but that didn't help.
    Reinstalling Xara as administrator fixed the problem for me.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I would also suggest raising a support ticket with Xara as this doesn't sound like normal behaviour to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

don't mess with the dll's - the message that 'you don't have them' probably only means the program cannot access them and that, as siran said, is probablly a permission issue that running [once] in admin or reinstalling in admin [if all else fails] will probably fix

the cambridge error is familiar, relates to plugins that were created in xara 32 bit, that cannot be run in xara 64 bit as I recall - this issue has been fixed afaik and the latest xara version has no issues running 32 bit plugins/filters in 64 bit, but if the site was created with xara ver 7 then it may be a legacy thing; I'd agree a support ticket is the way to go if the admin route does not sort it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...