Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how do I import/create a color&text scheme that works like the library?

I would like to create a set of general colour schemes that work like the website colour schemes and override the colours and (ideally) fonts in the document, to allow for quick iterations of designs. At the moment if I create a document with colour blocks, place it in the library and drag it to a new document, the only option I get is to match the imported colours to the document color scheme, is there a way to do the reverse, ie replace the colours in the document with the imported palette?

Default Re: how do I import/create a color&text scheme that works like the library?

You're asking if we can create our own color schemes and safe them for later use. Good question to which I unfortunately don't have the answer.

Default Re: how do I import/create a color&text scheme that works like the library?

Because of the problems when sending work to a print shop I use a restrictive colour palette of colours that I knew the value of in both CMYK and RGB. I did this by selecting the colours that I use the most often, then by naming these colours through the colour editor. After doing all that I saved the drawing as a template. Then when I want to open and use these colours I open the "Online Content Catalogue" and open it from there. Make any required changes (these could be changing the page size, adding a logo or adding a message). You can edit the template document just like an ordinary document and then re-save it as a template with your Named Colours.

That's the only way I know of saving a library of colours. I know my explanation of the process is a bit ropey so using the Help file for more info.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore, couldn't you use ColorSchemes for this?

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...mes-Really-How
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

Thanks Egg, that works well.
    For those who don't want to follow the link the process is to create your palette of name colours containing(at least) "Color Scheme 1" and then save it with a file name which contains the string"themecolorscheme" in the name eg gold_themecolorscheme.xar
    Next question... is it possible to include the font styles as well ie drag and drop a change of colors and fonts to the document?

Cheers John,

is it possible to include the font styles as well ie drag and drop a change of colors and fonts to the document?
    I don't think this can be done as simply as the ColorSchemes method but using templates it may well be possible. I'll look further when I get some free time (being retired and all that entails )
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

So, you can save color schemes. Thanks for clarifying that, Egg.