Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google mobile friendly test

I have just run the google mobile friendly test on a new site and while the site passed the test, the it stated it could not open a number of 'page resource' the majority appear to be images.

I then ran the test on some older sites that passed with no issues in the past, but again it threw up zillions of issues.

Anybody else had this experience recently? More importantly any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Default Re: Google mobile friendly test

It may not be an issue. Wait a while and then re-run the test. A while back, I tried the test on my work site and it had all kinds of issues. While Egg ran the test from his location the site passed. I tried off and on an from my location and it was failing but from Egg's location it passed. The next day I tried again and everything passed. Not sure why it happen this way and I made no changes to the site.

Ray

Hi Ray

Many thanks for calming me.

Cant understand how a location could effect the results but where Google is concerned its anyone's guess! LOL

I may try using a VPN to alter my perceived location and see if this makes any difference.

Thanks again.

I preferred the google mobile friendly test when it was integrated with the pagespeed insights tool.

I get spurious results relating to images on my websites from Google, saying I should optimize them when I already have for example.

Google have servers everywhere, I guess your location may influence which servers they access your site from,

I would not worry too much if it says it passes the test. You can always check the site on pagespeed insights plus gtmetrix webpagetest etc.for a better indication of your website health