Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wish List

Sometimes I use 3D just to produce a NON-ANIMATED gif. Adjusting the lighting color and angle can give fantastic depth to an object.

I often find the most challenging task is picking the correct colors and lighting angle. I find that freezing the objects but rotating the lights very helpful. The problem is, I believe, you can NOT FREEZE the animation at a particular point during the animation and export that particular "frame" or tell Xara 3D that you would like that frame to be the "starting" frame for the animation in the animation sequence.

I realize you can export the entire animation and then use Xara X to grab a particualar frame but that seems like more work than should be necessary.

If you had a time line then I guess this would take care of everything. However, if a timeline interface would add too much overhead to the program, a SIMPLE FREEZE button could serve as an easier alternative to implement.

Sometimes I use 3D just to produce a NON-ANIMATED gif. Adjusting the lighting color and angle can give fantastic depth to an object.

I often find the most challenging task is picking the correct colors and lighting angle. I find that freezing the objects but rotating the lights very helpful. The problem is, I believe, you can NOT FREEZE the animation at a particular point during the animation and export that particular "frame" or tell Xara 3D that you would like that frame to be the "starting" frame for the animation in the animation sequence.

I realize you can export the entire animation and then use Xara X to grab a particualar frame but that seems like more work than should be necessary.

If you had a time line then I guess this would take care of everything. However, if a timeline interface would add too much overhead to the program, a SIMPLE FREEZE button could serve as an easier alternative to implement.