Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I just picked up the trial version of...

So, I've been putting it off long enough (years even) and I finally decided to take the plunge and take a chance with AI. I've never used AI before but I thought I should spread my wings and give it a try. It's not so difficult, once you know where most things are. I don't know how my XDP feels about all this but I'm willing to learn to make them work hand in hand, now that I have a good handle on XDP (had XDP for a couple of years now and only because I was afraid of AI). Life changes. We learn new skill sets. I am not afraid of change (only when that's all I have in my pocket. LOL!). So, AI...here I come. Ready or not.

To be continued...

Mark

Default Re: I just picked up the trial version of...

I wish you good luck with your decision to pursue the delights of Illustrator. It's not as easy to learn as Xara, but it is a powerful application and has a lot of tools that are extremely useful.
    I would recommend making sure that the Appearance Panel is always available on screen so that you can readily refer to it (Window Menu - Appearance).
    The Glyphs Panel is also a big help. It can be found under the Type Menu.
    While you have the trial, have a go at installing some of the Astute Graphics {LINK} Illustrator plugins to make life a lot easier.
    There are 14 day free trials for all of them.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I wish you good luck with your decision to pursue the delights of Illustrator. It's not as easy to learn as Xara, but it is a powerful application and has a lot of tools that are extremely useful.
    I would recommend making sure that the Appearance Panel is always available on screen so that you can readily refer to it (Window Menu - Appearance).
    The Glyphs Panel is also a big help. It can be found under the Type Menu.
    While you have the trial, have a go at installing some of the Astute Graphics {LINK} Illustrator plugins to make life a lot easier.
    There are 14 day free trials for all of them.
    Bob.
    I just may consider that since my Filter Forge plugin doesn't work with AI. But on a lighter note...I am no longer using the trial version of AI. That's because I bought it!!!

Mark

You won't regret buying it. It's a bit of a challenge, but there's nothing wrong with that. Just a tip about Astute graphics. Don't install all of the trials at once. You will want to give your undivided attention to one or two at a time for 14 days. There is a 40% off offer at the moment on the complete set, if you are feeling flush.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.