Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Forced Refresh of Browser

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So after all this, is this a browser issue or xara output issue? Cause i got tired of telling my clients to press F5. Seriously if Xara could have fixed this and many other issues rather than us finding a turnaround solution, things would look better out there.
    Usually it is the designer who gets in a panic as the changes do not seems to be appearing or the page is wacky.
    It is fair and proper that after uploading multiple changes in short order, Ctrl+F5 is the righ tool.

When you are developing and presenting for the client then you need to force a refresh of the served pages to avoid the client getting confused. At this point in the development cycle, caching is not relevant.
    When you get final release, you keep your recaching mechanism is place until all clients have viewed the final version. Keep the recaching in place for a week and then republish without.

You need to decide how often a refresh is required. For some clients, it is rarely...

Never publish to the live site while developing. If important enough, set up a staging location.
    Funnily enough, Xara Cloud is now my preferred delivery point for development and staging as Xara's virtual application is now doing all the heavy lifting.

You also have to ensure there is no server caching going on. a client just had three wasted days chasing will o' the wisps around this very aspect.

I asked Xara to specifically introduce a forced refresh mechanism for some of the JS & CSS assets that affect font type, size and decoration. It's only been a year.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It's only been a year.

Acorn
    relax - it's only 10 years or so since we asked for flood fill that would ignore small gaps [inkscape had this even then], and the ability to drawn inside a clipped area whilst still being able to see the rest of the drawing which inside clipview does not do

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...