Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey photoshop gurus .. got a question for ya ..

I used batch processing to resize some of my images back when I used photoshop 6 .. now I'm trying to use them again, recording my actions the same way I did in 6 .. but when I batch process a folder I always get a 'save as' box poping up for every image. This drives me nuts because it didn't happen in 6. I've tried including the save in the action .. still pops up .. and I've tried clicking 'override 'save as' options' in the batch process window .. the window still pops up if I have a save command in the action or it doesnt save if I dont.

Anybody run into this or know a work around?
    IP

Hey photoshop gurus .. got a question for ya ..

I used batch processing to resize some of my images back when I used photoshop 6 .. now I'm trying to use them again, recording my actions the same way I did in 6 .. but when I batch process a folder I always get a 'save as' box poping up for every image. This drives me nuts because it didn't happen in 6. I've tried including the save in the action .. still pops up .. and I've tried clicking 'override 'save as' options' in the batch process window .. the window still pops up if I have a save command in the action or it doesnt save if I dont.

Anybody run into this or know a work around?
    IP

At least you could with 5.5 and 6.

Look for something like "auto update files" in the saving preferences. Check it and you won't be prompted every time.

But make sure you save backup copies if you need to backtrack!

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

Hello? Hello?

It is common courtesy to give feedback when you get help on a forum. Did my suggestion work? I would like to know if I upgrade to PS 7 that the same preference setting will work the same.

NOTE: You should also thank the members who helped you if the suggestions actually worked! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

Sorry I didn't post back here. No I couldn't find anything in the photoshop preferences. But from the adobe site, as well as a couple of other boards I found out there's a little glitch, and a few people helped me. If you use the 'save as' command in the action rather then the 'save' then it should work fine. You may have to use a close command too. I found this very helpful and I hope you guys do too.
    IP

Which full version of PS had the scripting (so one could do batch processing), please? It seems from that this thread that "6" had it but how about "5"? Thanx

Jon
    Jon
    IP