Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Embed Youtube video into webpage

Can I embed a Youtube video into Web Designer? If I can, what's the best method to get it done right?

Thanks in advance to all of you who are so kind to answer...
    Sue

Found the answer....thanks anyways!
    Last edited by SueB; 30 May 2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: was able to find a solution to my question

Default Re: Embed Youtube video into webpage

Right click. Copy the embed code. Right click on the page and Paste > Paste HTML Placeholder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	embed.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	117700  

As well as what Gary says you can add ?rel=0&hd=1

to the url, rel=0 stops youtube loading related videos at the end and &hd=1 just ensures the movie is played at HD (provided it is of course)

Here's how it would look:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W7qWa52k-nE?rel=0&hd=1" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, Egg,

Good information, I am trying to do the same, add a YouTube video on a web-page.
    Problem I am having is when I copy the code and paste, I just get the text of the code.
    Made sure I was not in the Text tool, but had had 'arrow' selector highlighted.

Had the problem both with a Weather Channel widget text and now also the YouTube video.
    Any thoughts what setting I am missing?

Also, I like Egg's trick to only show once and not allow other video options to come up.
    How do I get a picture frame or maybe better, a simple bar line 'box' around the 'frame' once loaded?

Frolin

Perhaps this helps. YouTube has recently tweaked their UI so this is the latest version. Get back if you have issues.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

That was a great how-to video and really shows the step by step process very well...
    ...but the screen options vary from your YouTube page and mine, and your Xara Pro and my Xara Premium.

First off, the various options in YouTube are different, so not sure if maybe the options vary for Users or Countries?
    I was able to get the 'embedded code' in the Iframe setup but the Menu of options completely do not match...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-1.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	118552

Then once I got in Xara, that 'box' icon on the left menu is missing to create a 'PlaceHolder' (I get the term, but not used in past software). So guessing it is simply a shape so used the 'Shape' tool to create a rectangle. Then to the Web Properties and the PlaceHolder tab, to insert the code under the HTML-body option. Done, saved, tested, and my box does nothing in Preview.
    Here are the screen settings...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara-2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	118553

I was able to simple 'paste' code to the page and this time Xara auto created a box window with the video. Odd it did not do that even when I copied the sample code you have above.

Also, is there a way to create a small box on the screen, say 200x75 pixels, that when clicked instead of playing a full size video in the tiny box, it will pop out to a new tab/window to show the video in full size (per your mention above to play in HiDef) ?

Here is a page on an older site that was semi two steps, the page has general info and pictures, and then a YouTube 'icon' and when clicked, it opened a new page vide a separate html file, that played the video in a full size window. You closed that page when done. Was hoping to avoid the two step process, and retain the block of other videos to select when done.
    http://www.frolin.net/nngc/pictures/cw/layout.html

...gosh I don't like this forum software much, 3 picture attempts and 1 lost text, when trying to send this message.

Egg, thanks for the help with this!
    Frolin

Egg

Hi Florin, I've managed to find one of your videos (As a child of the 50's I adore steam trains and train sets )and I've attached it here on TG. If I can attach it here you should be able to attach it to your xara created web site. Please get back if you have difficulties.
    Egg

Egg, and others, thanks for the replies.
    What I have done in past and again for this site is working. Open for comments and suggestions. Would prefer the video to 'pop up' as a overlay window when started not a different page.

Here is what I am doing...
    - created a stand alone HTML page with an embedded video (even using Egg's trick to hide YouTube icon)
    - put a 'picture' icon with YouTube logo on it, on the web-site, and it links to the page
    - people go to page, click play, watch video, then click exit to return to the previous page

Here is an example of a model railroad info page, some pictures (large format option via icon), and YouTube video link...
    http://frolin.net/nngc-2018/Railroads/vandewater.htm

If there is a way I could get the YouTube video to pop-up as an overlay on the screen and just play... and this has got to work on PCs, Macs, Tablets and SmartPhones.

Else, wanted to share, I got it working and thanks for the help !

Frolin

That link doesn't work Florin.
    Egg