Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: XARA plays nice with POWERPOINT

Hi,

And does POWERPOINT plays nice with XARA?

I'm trying to find out a way (format) that I could export a Xara presentation to be imported into PowerPoint. I couldn't dind any compatible format. Would it be possible?

Actually, I could export from Xara to Word (docx) format, and the output/layout is very good, with editable text (Word plays nice with Xara!). I could use Word as an intermediate, but I couldn't find out how to export from Word to PowerPoint.

Anyway, I would appreciate knowing from you any workaround to put into PowerPoint a presentation from Xara in an editable format (not PDF).

Thank you!
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Hi,
    And does POWERPOINT plays nice with XARA?
    I'm trying to find out a way (format) that I could export a Xara presentation to be imported into PowerPoint. I couldn't dind any compatible format. Would it be possible?
    Actually, I could export from Xara to Word (docx) format, and the output/layout is very good, with editable text (Word plays nice with Xara!). I could use Word as an intermediate, but I couldn't find out how to export from Word to PowerPoint.
    Anyway, I would appreciate knowing from you any workaround to put into PowerPoint a presentation from Xara in an editable format (not PDF).
    Thank you! Carlos
    Carlos, have a look at what Xara Cloud is claiming: https://docs.xara.com/latest-updates...june-20th-2018.

You could therefore open a presentation you designed on your desktop in Xara Cloud and export PPTx from it.

I have already engaged with Xara asking if such items are destined for the Xara Desktop applications.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for replying Acorn!
    I tested Xara Cloud using one of its templates. The exporting to PowerPoint was perfect!
    I hope XDP inherit such functionality.
    However, I couldn't open/import in Xara Cloud a .xar file from XDP.
    Do you how to open a .xar in Xara Cloud?
    Cheers,
    Carlos

Carlos, I use a Dropbox account and my XAR files are readily accessible from there.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, I used OneDrive and could open the xar from there.
    The conversion xar > pptx is perfect. Here there are the samples I tested: http://bit.ly/2uVffQp
    Do you know if the XDP subscription give me free access to full-featured Xara Cloud, or are each one different products and you need to pay for each service separetelly?
    Cheers, Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Acorn, I used OneDrive and could open the xar from there.
    The conversion xar > pptx is perfect. Here there are the samples I tested: http://bit.ly/2uVffQp
    Do you know if the XDP subscription give me free access to full-featured Xara Cloud, or are each one different products and you need to pay for each service separetelly?
    Cheers, Carlos
    carlos, they are two separate accounts. You may have full PREMIUM access as a Trial but after 4 weeks if will revert to STARTER.

Xara says the PPTx export is in beta. My view is once it is formally available, it really ought to be part of the Xara Desktop application set-up.
    Xara will argue that that requires a program change that is much harder to deliver so the PPTx Export ought to be available to all in the STARTR without condition as a fall-back.

Acorn