Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XARA plays nice with POWERPOINT

I thought I'd mention this in that it might be of interest or use to some others. --- opps! I think I should have posted this in 'Web Design Chat'.... go ahead.... move me.... LOL

That 'mock-up' website that I did for a company and put up a while back has gone through some changes. I think they're finally finished with me. ( I hope)
    They want to go 100% digital with their documents to their customers giving them opportunities to view online, download, share, etc.

So, I experimented with Powerpoint and created a couple of documents that embed very nicely into Xara.....
    (PP haters, please resist the temptation) If I hear or read the 'Death By PP' statement one more time, I'm gonna pass out....

As said before, this is a mock-up, to be finished by their web-people.... (tons of backend coding etc.)

Go to the to the 'Funeral Home' and 'FAQ' pages - scroll down a bit to take a look....

http://www.learnpopandjazzpianonewsl...kups/index.htm

The last page I did for them was their 'Donation Page' I think it came out nice..... not braggin', just love doin' this stuff in XARA.

Cliff

And BTW... As I dug in to PP, I have to admit, I am blown away with many of the features MS implemented....

Default Re: XARA plays nice with POWERPOINT

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    So, I experimented with Powerpoint and created a couple of documents that embed very nicely into Xara.....

And BTW... As I dug in to PP, I have to admit, I am blown away with many of the features MS implemented....
    Nice looking mock-up. Why did you use PP (I'm not a PP hater, by the way) and not layers? Did you also try Xara's Presentation facility?

It works very well as it has been integrated within the overall them of the site.

The advantage will be that the site owner can access and amend the PP slides and never interfere with the main site.

Well done,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Boy, for the reasons Acorn stated.... they are MS Office people they have control of the PP's on their site...

They just open it in PP on their desktop or online Office, make an adjustment or change, and it instantly updates on the site...

Plus... doing it this way, they can/will 'share' the individual information

And with due respect to Xara's presentation capabilities, well, there's no comparison to PP... the app IS, quite amazing. IMO

Thanks Cliff. Makes good sense and, as Acorn mentioned, is another way (aside from Google docs and such) for site owners to easily change content.

Well, I haven't done a website in years, but I had to comment here to say, it is quite uplifting to hear such a positive experience!
    Thanks for sharing Cliff.��
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

As this pertains to website design I have moved this thread to Xara Web Design Chat.

It gets down to using the right tool for the job. MS PP does a good job. Recently, I was trying to get a nice presentable output from Microsoft Project to be put into a PP Presentation and couldn't. Xara to the rescue. I was able to export from Project to pdf, import into Xara, modify the look to the client's satisfaction, output to jpeg and import to the client's PPP.

Glad to know that PP works well with a Xara website. I must try this.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Beautiful site. Very tastefully designed. It's good news to learn that ppt slides play well with Xara.

Glad to see that this info was helpful/informative for some... and thanks for the comments...