Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Link single word to a Website

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Hi Acorn That is exactly what I did, highlight the Excel cells, copy and in Xara Paste > Paste > Extended Metafile, but I could add links.
    Xara has warned me of the font problem which I need to sort. Cheers
    At some subsequent point, you might be grouping the cells or text, forcing them to render as images.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn Thanks for reply, I have been occupied for a few days. I understand what you are saying about bitmap etc. However when I go to Xara the Paste > Paste > it comes up "Paste Special" and then "Enhanced Metafile" not "Extended Metafile" Then it is the same problem of the whole sheet being linked. Am I'm missing something?

It does everything else that I want such as editing words etc.

Sorry to labour this point but it does appear to be grouped, but that is quite hard to tell in a spread sheet in xara, any guidance please.

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Sorry to labour this point but it does appear to be grouped, but that is quite hard to tell in a spread sheet in xara, any guidance please.
    Select it, repeatedly Ungroup the selection until it s all a collection of text, boxes, etc.
    With the same selection Soft-group once.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's a mock-up webpage with your events sheet. The sheet is live and you can edit it as you wish.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg Got it and it works, thanks for the proof. Cheers.

Cheers Tel. As an aside I tried to do a similar exercise using Excel & exporting as a webpage and it worked well. Of course there is the further step of exporting the spreadsheet as an html file to your local computer then ftp'ing it to your webhost on each amendment.

It worked well but unfortunately any hyperlinks open within the same placeholder window. At least Google Sheets opened a new browser window.

I don't know if this has been altered in later versions of Microsoft Excel, mine is an ancient version, 2007.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's been a little while since the last reply, hopefully I can continue with this. Have experimented with many ways of achieving want I want to do after listening to all of your advice. This is where I'm at, I have concluded that the best way of putting a table into my WEB page is by copying and pasting from a table in Word, Excel gives me all sorts of problems. I still have one problem, I copy and paste a table and then ungroup highlight the word I want to link and all works well, the problem I have is the linked word does not show up in a colour to show that it is a linked and clickable item, the hand shows up ok when I hover over it and it links OK. Any ideas please.

My apologies please ignore my last note, reading through I went down this wrong route before. I think I have resolved the problem by constructing the table in Word and then importing. Only query is that it produces a thin green line on the page which I have to adjust, any information on this please. Also how can I determine where the table is going to appear on the page when importing, every time I have to drag it from the top of the page into the desired position.
    Many thanks.