Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Link single word to a Website

How do I link a single word in table/excel to a Website. At the moment trying to link a word ends up with the whole page ling to the site. Any ideas please.
    It is an hour later, I have now found that pasted excel sheet "words" will not link. Putting in a separate word outside the sheet will link however it would still be nice to link a word within the sheet, any ideas please.
    Last edited by golfertel; 29 May 2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Worked on problem and found some answers

Default Re: Link single word to a Website

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    How do I link a single word in table/excel to a Website. At the moment trying to link a word ends up with the whole page ling to the site. Any ideas please.
    Use the Text tool. Highlight the word, without the following space. Use Web Properties > Link as normal.

In an Excel table, within Excel, you cannot, easily, link a single word, only the entire cell contents.

If you are using the Xara Table Widget, the CSV data has to be wrapped in a HTML <A> tag.

Three answers in one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks, as these words are to be linked with a excel table I'm going to have put separate text words adjacent to the cells so I can link these words.

Thanks again for your help.

I have found that by highlighting a word in an excel sheet then using "cut" pasting it outside the Table/Worksheet then moving back into the sheet then you can link that word. I suppose it depends how times you need to do this but it suits my needs in this particular case. Thanks for your help.

I have found that by highlighting a word in an excel sheet then using "cut" pasting it outside the Table/Worksheet then moving back into the sheet then you can link that word. I suppose it depends how times you need to do this but it suits my needs in this particular case. Thanks for your help.
    I'd love to see an example. I've tried with Excel 2010 but nothing like you describe occurs.

Cheers for reporting back,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm using Excel 2016. Here is a link to the page I'm putting together hope it illustrates what I have done. The site is no where finished because I'm still learning Xara and how I can put our needs together.
    http://rutlandcountyseniors.com/events.htm
    golfertel

I'm using Excel 2016. Here is a link to the page I'm putting together hope it illustrates what I have done. The site is no where finished because I'm still learning Xara and how I can put our needs together.
    http://rutlandcountyseniors.com/events.htm
    golfertel
    Thanks for sharing but there's nothing around a single hyperlinked in the excel tables. If you have imported from Excel, rather than linking, then in Xara you can change any entry to just having one word hyperlinked. The page you advised actually has an image of a spreadsheet where you have superimposed the linked text separately. What is probably better is highlight the Excel cells, copy and in Xara Paste > Paste > Extended Metafile. Then you can add hyperlinks.

On other pages (less Opens and Location map), all your text is images! This is not the way to go.

One site-wide aspect: the font you have used is having problems spacing apostrophes.

Acorn

Perhaps this will help you. It uses google sheets but excel sheets import easily. Links are easy, but the link is per cell, not a single word. You merely need to update the google sheet and the sheet on your website updates to show the amendments within minutes.

TRY THIS
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Acorn That is exactly what I did, highlight the Excel cells, copy and in Xara Paste > Paste > Extended Metafile, but I could add links.
    Xara has warned me of the font problem which I need to sort. Cheers

Thanks will try. golfertel