Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flood Fill Question for Fonts

I did a Search, found nothing on the forums.

I'm able to use Flood Tool to create a simple shaded title for my books. By shaded, I mean the bottom part of the text one color, the top another (usually white). I do this using the Linear-Simple setting of the Flood Tool.

I saw a triple shade (3-color) font while browsing Amazon: black bottom fill, a medium color middle area and a white top. I'd like to use that on some titles.

In using the Three-Color setting of Flood, I only seem to be able to get the triangle pattern. Shift+Drag either intensifies or desaturates the left-right-top fill of the tool.

Is there a way to get three colors in the Linear version of the Flood tool?

Default Re: Flood Fill Question for Fonts

To clarify, I can get 2 shades of one color and use it with white by fiddling with the Profile. But was wanting to use a black bottom, a purple middle, and a white top. Actually 3 colors.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Use the fill tool, holding the Ctrl key down, to get a vertical linear fill.
    Apply colours to the Start and End Points.

Double-click on the fill line and apply a third colour.
    Repeat as many times as you like.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Awesome, thank you.

Acorn is right.

Mark