Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slideshow does not show on web

Hi,

it's me again...

I have made a website (www.andersdahlquist.se) for my brother that is a DJ - besides running a BnB in Southern France.

On the start page I have included a widget (Fade slideshow widget) that shows fine in preview on all browsers.
    However, the slideshow does not show when I have published the site.

I imported the slideshow from the content catalogue, dragged images and deleted the fifth page. Resized the template to fit within the "borders".
    Saved and previewed in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Looks fine, all pages and links works.
    Then I exported the site and published it with WS_FTP PRO. The site works fine on the web, except that the slideshow does not show.

I have read the widget instructions and can't see that I have missed anything.

I am using XDP X 365 on a Win 7 (32) system.

Sorry for disturbing you on a Saturday.

/Mr. Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Slideshow does not show on web

I am not sure why the slide show does not show.

Does anybody else see a while page before the blue background loads? Or is this just me? I am using Ghostery which might be causing this.

Please note that it is a responsive web site and that the mobile version is definitely not ready... Just the version ment to be viewed on "real" screeen/monitor. ;-)

/Olle
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Olle, there are no slider images loaded in the site. JQuery also seems to be missing or blocked.
    I think you you have not fully FTP everything the site needs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

What I did was to clean all folders and then create new ones. Linked PDF-files are stored in a folder by their own.
    When I look in the index_html_files-folder I can see the following
    Besides a bunch of jpg, gif and png filers also these files:
    CSS: "xr_text.css" "ani.css" "custom_styles.css" "highslide.css" "highslide-ie6.css" "xr_all.css" "xr_fonts.css" "xr_fontsie.css" "xr_ie.css" "xr_ios.css" "xr_main.css"
    CUR: "zoomout.cur" "zoomin.cur"
    JS: "roe.js" "1.js" "2.js" "cycleFade_v8_config.js" "datamap.js" "highslide.js" "jquery.cycle.min.js" "jquery.js" "png.js" "replaceMobileFonts.js"

I have two jQuery on each page to adjust the page to the left border: jQuery-loader and jQuery-Left Page.

Will this help you finding out what is wrong?

/Olle
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Olle, this line <script type="text/javascript" src="index_html_files/replaceMobileFonts.js"></script> is returning a 404 Not Found.

You are using CycleFade Widget as I can see two DIV in each of your Main and Variant.
    I also see you have used some of my code for this widget.

It is possible this code is not working across two instances of the widget. I suggest making a copy of your design file and in that delete the Variant the npublish.

You can also remove my code to see if things work.

failing all this, we need you to upload your design file.

What i am not seeing is any jpegs for the widget.
    Might they be on a layer that you have hidden?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,'

Right now I am so confused and frustrated that I don't know what I am doing or thinking.

Can I send you the XAR-file as a private message?

/Olle
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Quote Originally Posted by olledahl View Post
    Acorn,'
    Right now I am so confused and frustrated that I don't know what I am doing or thinking.
    Can I send you the XAR-file as a private message?
    /Olle
    Olle, by all means,
    Acorn

As Acorn mentioned the file
    http://www.andersdahlquist.se/index_...MobileFonts.js
    can't be accessed. but there is another one:
    http://www.andersdahlquist.se/index_...e_v8_config.js
    Can you check with filezilla or a similar tool if those files really exists on your server and if the access rights allow them to be read?

Good morning ;-)

The two files: "cycleFade_v8_config.js" and "replaceMobileFonts.js" are located in the index_html_files-folder. Both have 755 settings

So strange that the mobile version doesn't work when published, but looks ok when I check preview from XDP on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

I will now try to publish direct from XDP instead of WS_FTP PRO.

And now time for a nice cup of tea ;-)
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se