Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This section of the forum is dead

I wonder why this section of the forum is dead? Is it that users are afraid to showcase their work or they are mostly hobbyist who are using web designer? Someone new to web designer will be very discouraged with the amount of websites shown here.

Default Re: This section of the forum is dead

I can only answer for myself.

I have used Xara since version 2.0. I have bought every copy up until they hit v365.

I have about 40 active websites and only ONE is done using Xara. The others are done in Wordpress. I mainly use Xara for graphic design. Why?

1. I prefer the ability to instantly change my site appearance without having to touch the content... want a Christmas theme in December? done. Not so in Xara... quite a bit more work.

2. If a client contacts me that there is a typo on a page I can pull out my phone while standing in line at the grocery store and fix it.

3. If I am on the road for a weekend trip and a client needs an urgent item posted on their homepage or a new page added - again, I could easily do this on any computer nearby or my phone/ipad. If the site is Xara then I need to have THE computer that has Xara installed on it and a good internet connection to build and reupload content.

I love Xara and for the ONE client who was totally anal about everything being absolutely pixel perfect - Xara did the job great. For everything else - I prefer Wordpress.

Maybe others are the same?
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

just to add on - if Xara came up with a way to create Wordpress themes I would be in love all over again...
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Someone new to web designer will be very discouraged with the amount of websites shown here.
    So, post something then.

Soon Gary, Soon Meanwhile I did post one on here and you said it made you hungry.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-a-pizza-store

Yes. We had a large Papa Murphy's (Take and Bake) this weekend. Do they have Papa Murphy's in Canada?

They assemble the pizza while you wait then you take it home and bake it. Really excellent.

No we do not have take home and bake it. Usually here in Canada we have frozen pizza, not sure about uk now.
    Also you asked for a new website, well here it is http://www.designfacet.com/

OK When it is live post a link.

Oh that may take decades

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

locally here we have a pizza place that does take and bake And they are really good

Perhaps we need to find a way to encourage more people to show off their Xara designed sites, any thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.