Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image Pop Up to Actual Size

I would like to get a pop up image to pop to actual size in a single click. I have followed the Xara help and it sort of works as a messy two stage process. The first click on the large thumbnail creates a larger image but still quite small but this image has a crosss icon in bottom rh corner which when clicked on creates the actual size image. Does anyone know a way of going directly from the thumbnail to the actual image size in a single click? The two stage process does not appear to be documented. Many thanks for any help.

Default Re: Image Pop Up to Actual Size

Quote Originally Posted by HotFrog View Post
    I would like to get a pop up image to pop to actual size in a single click. I have followed the Xara help and it sort of works as a messy two stage process. The first click on the large thumbnail creates a larger image but still quite small but this image has a crosss icon in bottom rh corner which when clicked on creates the actual size image. Does anyone know a way of going directly from the thumbnail to the actual image size in a single click? The two stage process does not appear to be documented. Many thanks for any help.
    HF, check the size in the Bitmap gallery. Select the image. Open its Web Properties > Image. Tick Photo pop-up > Pop-up photo. Set the Pop-up width to the image size.. Click the Apply button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks for your reply Acorn

I had already followed that to create the pop up. The pop up is sized at 1000 pixels but on the first click it is nothing like that size. I am sorry I do not get the relevance of the bitmap part. The original is an A4 size pdf. I converted it directly to jpg and inserted it onto my web page. The bit map says that it is 256 x 256 pixels but it is on screen A4 shape, it is not square. Cannot work out what I doing wrong.

Is there a way to pop to actual size on a single click?

Any further help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HotFrog View Post
    Many thanks for your reply Acorn

I had already followed that to create the pop up. The pop up is sized at 1000 pixels but on the first click it is nothing like that size. I am sorry I do not get the relevance of the bitmap part. The original is an A4 size pdf. I converted it directly to jpg and inserted it onto my web page. The bit map says that it is 256 x 256 pixels but it is on screen A4 shape, it is not square. Cannot work out what I doing wrong.

Is there a way to pop to actual size on a single click?

Any further help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    The second click is a browser-based built-in function as the image being presented is probably too big for most computer screens (A4).

For a single click, I would use a click link such as javascript:void(window.open("http://<your_site>/<your_image>.jpg", "_blank", "toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=50, left=50, width=1000, height=1414"));

I would Name your image with filename="<your_image>" so it is easy to reference, where you decide what to replace <your_image> with.

The begging question is why are you importing it as an image? Use the original PDF: javascript:void(window.open("http://<your_site>/<your_pdf _file>.pdf", "_blank", "toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=50, left=50, width=1000, height=1414"));

If this is too much, attach the PDF here and I'll try and build all the above.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks Acorn for your very helpful reply. I will take your suggestions and work through them. If I cannot achieve what I want I will come back. Many thanks again for your help.