Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my software is due to expire soon

Mine will expire 5/27 Will I get a notice to renew or purchase the next version, if so I have not gotten one.
    EDIT: Anyone know?
    Last edited by wizard509; 20 May 2017 at 10:37 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: my software is due to expire soon

Also wondering if they throw in a few new features... Cause the ones we got throughout this 365 thing were not too exciting.

Or just pay up and keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best

Thank you dutchim,

As I understand it updates are ongoing throughout the year instead of a new version with lots of new stuff, the updates are made available as they happen so as not to have to wait a year for the new version with all those updates, So I wouldn't look for anything new in the next version (but I suppose it could happen). You will just keep what you have, but if you do not purchase the new release you will revert back to the initial download and the updates will no longer be available until you purchase again. For better or worse that seems to be the pros and cons of the 365 deal. It's merely a year by year license for the updates.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The only really useful addition for me was the integrated crop tool with the move tool.
    At least I don't have to go back and forth between those two tools now which was a pain.
    Thanks for the heads up Wizard. Still liked the old model better o well

Larry,
    HOW did you know WHEN (exactly) your license would expire? Is there some kind of date written in the software somewhere? I know I need to check mine and see.

Mark

Hi Mark, look at the confirmation email you received for the date when you bought your software.

Ciao

Roly

or log onto your account with xara on their site - it should tell you there
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Apart from the Integrated Crop Tool, which is only a combination of tools already available, and the web/download stuff, what has there been of any real value to justify a year's subscription? No need to suggest the Open Type Font support, which is incomplete, badly implemented and seems to have been worked out on the back of an empty cigarette packet.
    The question is rhetorical, so no need to think about it for too long. A huge disappointment ~ the non-event of the year in the World of Graphics. The company would do better by fixing the stuff that doesn't work as it should, (the Line Tool for example) before inventing stuff that nobody needs or wants.
    Poor show, Xara.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Larry,
    HOW did you know WHEN (exactly) your license would expire? Is there some kind of date written in the software somewhere? I know I need to check mine and see.

Mark
    When I opened Xara I get an expiration notice of May 27, and that happens every time I open Xara I get the same notice. Been communicating with Xara to find out what to do and how to upgrade. Now it seems real simple but yesterday it wasn't.

Bye the way I noticed awhile ago that the upgrade price has dropped $20.00 for XP&GD365. Don;'t know yet what this might mean to any of us.
    I would love to get the pro version, but for my needs that's not necessary since I don't need those extra features because I do not do web stuff.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Info Re: my software is due to expire soon

For XWDP365 earlier and now for XDPX365, I got this alert on running my application:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Period Expiry.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	117644

The renewal offer is £139: http://www.xara.com/uk/expiring/desi...2.6&prefix=xxp.
    Play around with the link's parameters, you might find a better offer!? It seems a bit steep in comparison with the "Early bird" offerings:

Design Pro is 65% renewal of new list price, which is £219. No discount, no special offers.
    Web Designer Premium is 43% of new £70.
    Web Designer is 57% of new £35.
    The latter two include a free Backup CD with a "Free back-up DVD included with every purchase, worth £8!" Special Offer that seems to include renewals so it might pay to renew before 08 June, even if your renwal date is well ahead.

The upgrade and renewal matrices are typical Xara-NIGHTMARE CODE GREEN.

Those with Design Pro licences seem to be subsidising low-cost entry to web design for the other licences, so you're welcome.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat