Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Confused adding Web page..

X365/Win10/64: I'm having difficulty understanding how to add pages to my Web site in Xara. I have a single page showing and dressed with objects, etc. In the gallery after deleting all objects, in other words, all I want is a duplicate of the page itself so I can adjust the length and build a second page. When I add a new page what you see below is what I get. It looks as though it's trying to load four pages; does not make sense. Info on how to correct this appreciated. Also, I'd like to be able to add pages of files on the PC, but a way to do that is not obvious to me. Thanks for any suggestion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XpageBground.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	117613
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 20 May 2017 at 03:37 PM. Reason: One file added by mistake
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Info Re: Confused adding Web page..

GG, did you at some point tick Page Size > Double-page?
    Are you, by any chance, in Multiple Page View?

If so, select Help and search for these features and play around until you know where you are.

You have very simple options:

1. Edit > Pages > New (double-) page
    2. Edit > Pages > Duplicate (double-) page
    3. Pages View in Page & Layer gallery: New page button
    4. Pages View in Page & Layer gallery: Duplicate button

There is another method, where you have set up a columned page and just type and type and it creates a new page as Xara is now a word processor.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Confused adding Web page..

Thanks Acorn I will have to play around some; so far not "Dpuble"..thanks.

Acorn thanks again for the input. I managed to undo the multiple pages, making me happy. I cannot find anything in the manual that explains the adding of page beyond duplicating the initial page and attempting to manipulate them from that point. I have put together a secondary page, but have not figured out how to add it instead of the initial page.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    Acorn thanks again for the input. I managed to undo the multiple pages, making me happy. I cannot find anything in the manual that explains the adding of page beyond duplicating the initial page and attempting to manipulate them from that point. I have put together a secondary page, but have not figured out how to add it instead of the initial page.
    Help (F1) > Search: new page --> click Multi-page Document.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gilbert,

If I am following you correctly, what you want is to add a new page to a web site your developing.

What I do is after I have my first page setup the way I want, under the page and layer gallery I select duplicate page. Xara will make a copy of everything and add a new page. I then remove what I don't want on this new page and add new text and pictures. If for some reason you want a total different layout you also can use the page and layer gallery to add a new blank page.

For changing the size of the page, I just use the push with objects on the page whether it is a text box or picture and the page automatically adjusts to the proper size.

Hope this is clear.

Ray

Thanks Ray I'm working on it