Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slow local page loading

Hello,
    I created a site to run local in a computer, that is to say I created the htm files and then copy them to my C: drive, the problem arises when I surf from page to page many times randomly pages take long to load and they often get stuck and you have to wait 10 or 20 seconds until it loads.
    However if I run it using xara preview they run really fast, that way I installed a XAMP and copy pages to it and they load really fast also, I can't understand why they are really slow when I just run it from C:, it is like a network resolution issue.
    We ussually use xara local pages to create functional concept ideas before developing a system and this issue is really important to us.
    I really thank any help you can bring us.
    Best regards.
    Javier

Default Re: Slow local page loading

Hey Javier

Not sure why this would happen. You have published the site to a folder on your computer and you are viewing the site on that computer. Is that correct?

Is it an old computer? And have you tried different browsers? Maybe it will run faster in one browser and not fast in another?

A similar problem I had was caused by missing protocol identifiers in the CSS files for font definition (files xr_fonts.css and xr_fontsie.css). This caused any browser I tested (except for FireFox) to try to load the referenced font from the file: protocol and caused an unneccessary timeout (in my opinion) of about 20 seconds.
    This problem was fixed in V12 and I don't remember if it was already a problem in V9, but it surely was in V10 and V11.

Seems like the problem might be in the WebServer, that you are using or you browse directly the .HTM files?

Seems like the problem might be in the WebServer, that you are using or you browse directly the .HTM files?
    I think Javier is running the site from a folder on his computer, Kamen. The site is not on a webserver.

As Gary says My site is running in my local hard drive like file:///C:/Users/javie/Desktop/
    I tested in several computers and It happens in all of them, I found a workaround installing a XAMP on my computer and run the site from it.
    Anyway I would like to find the reason why it slows when running locally.
    Thank you very much for your inputs, Best regards.

pd: I tried to upload the xar file but chrome says talkgraphics uploader is not a safe site.
    Last edited by jvila; 19 May 2017 at 01:16 PM.
    Javier

Javier - You can use a service like www.Hightail.com to upload your file. Then add a download link here.

The warning I see in Firefox is that images posted on TG can be seen by others. But yeah, that is why we post them. So if your website file is under 10MB I think it is safe to upload it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	117600  

Javier

Download perfect!

Opens and plays really well in Xara's default browser.

I exported to a folder on my desktop and opened the site in Firefox and it opens very quickly BUT the quality of the video is poor (very out of focus) for a few moments.

I opened the site in Edge and again it opens very quickly but it takes a few moments for the video to become sharp.

Hope this helps.