Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with hidden Google Doc code on my website

http://nctr.net/ride%20schedule.htm
    (scroll to bottom of page)

• I used the Xara "Placeholder / Replace With HTML code" function to place a Google Doc spreadsheet in my website.
    • The default Google Doc code doesn't include the <b>width=' ' height=' ' </b> string.
    • Then...I edited the HTML code with <b>width='100%' height='2000'</b>.

Fine, no big deal. Except...the original tiny default iframe with the Google Doc has attached itself to the bottom of all the pages, on both varients of my website. (note: it's missing from the home page because I created a new temp homepage, then pasted it back into my site)

The code is right there at the bottom of each page, but because there is no way to edit the HTML code in a Xara Web WYSIWYG site, I can't stop the stray code out. There is no object in my site for this iframe, trust me.

Question: is there a custom made HTML editor out there for Xara Web? Is there some trick I am missing?
    I would like to avoid rebuilding the entire site using the copy/paste for every page. Also, I worry this will happen again.
    Suggestions?

Thanks very much!
    Steve

http://nctr.net/ride%20schedule.htm

<iframe width='100%' height='2000'
    src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jTYCV6IrZS-
    9X0m7ciuYU1u7Nu5xXw63wTTmBY3NTLA/pubhtml?
    widget=true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
    http://nctr.net/index.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iframe Code.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	117528

Name:	hidden iframe.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	117527

Name:	problem doc code.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	117526

Default Re: Problem with hidden Google Doc code on my website

This post was moderated. It is now open for comment. Sorry for the delay.

That's ok, and thanks.

Hi se jones,

Is it possible you have pasted the code into the HTML Code (body) section on the Website tab, in Web Properties?

Xara won't insert any code that you haven't included in your Xara file, the fact that this is appearing on all pages suggests that it's been inserted so it appears for your entire website, and it's at the bottom of the page so it's been added to the body but not through placeholders. To fix this, simply open your file, go to Utilities > Web Properties > Website Tab. Then check the HTML Code (body) section/button. If it's not there, can you try the same on the Page tab.

If you can't find the issue, please can you send in a support request through support.xara.com, including a reference to this thread and your file so we can have a look, if your file is too big, please use a cloud provider e.g. Dropbox / GDrive to make a download link for support to download it. If you already have a ticket number please can you post it here.

Thanks,
    Ben

Thank you Ben!
    Yes sir, I looked at the HTML Code section in the Web Properties > Website Tab and there it was.

Oddly, that stray iframe is still appearing at the bottom of one page of my mobile variant, the same page that has the full sized Google Doc iframe. I'm guessing that the Google Doc is somehow generating that 2nd small iframe on the fly. If all else fails, I can recreate that page again and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your help, I appreciate if very much,
    -Steve